The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shaw about that? > Comments

Shaw about that? : Comments

By Debbie Garratt, published 9/5/2014

Victorian Liberal MP Geoff Shaw raises some interesting issues with regard to abortion, engendering the usual hysterical outbursts from radicals only concerned about the availability of abortion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Susanonline,
Well you got me there, or predictive text did. I do know how the spell foetus and I know that it is not a part of the body of the mother. Is it a cancer? What else could it be but a potential human being that we coldly eradicate. The prochoice lot are so obsessed with the "rights" of the mother, that invented reality, that they do not see the potential child and the life it would live. This must be the only age in history that predicts misery at the conception of a child.
Posted by Sells, Saturday, 10 May 2014 11:53:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline,
Why should men use contraceptives, they can't get pregnant-yet.
The sex in control should take control.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 11 May 2014 8:36:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter Sells, it is none of your business what women do to their own bodies, and luckily the law agrees.
The foetus is attached to the mother's uterus, whether you like that or not.

If abortion was made illegal again, then women all over the world would still have abortions one way or another, and women would die as well as the foetus.
Maybe you would be happy with that outcome?

Individual, it is attitudes like yours that result in more unwanted pregnancies....
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 11 May 2014 1:58:19 PM
individual, I, nor any other person, need take responsibility for the child.
The state can do that.

Access to abortion doesn't seem to have diminished the number of dysfunctional families out there, has it?

Suseonline "it is none of your business what women do to their own bodies"

And that is where your whole argument falls to pieces.

The embryo/foetus/baby is *NOT* part of "her" body.

It is *another* body, which will naturally become capable of independent existence.

It's temporary residence within her body doesn't make it part of her.

She can rip her own arms, legs and head off if she likes, but she has no right to have someone else's arms, legs and head ripped off.

"If abortion was made illegal again, then women all over the world would still have abortions one way or another"

And that would be their "choice".

Abortion is already illegal all over the world, with very few exceptions.
Even in Australia. The laws are simply not enforced.
Posted by Shockadelic, Sunday, 11 May 2014 7:21:14 PM
Shockadelic, Queenslands abortion laws aren't enforced, you are correct.
Why is that do you think?
Exactly HOW would you force any woman to go through with a pregnancy she doesn't want?

No amount of ranting and raving from the anti-choice lobby will change the fact that babies ARE part of the woman's body, at least until they can survive outside the uterus themselves.

I don't think we will ever agree on this subject Shockadelic .

Australia will never go back to the dark ages and force women against their wills to carry on with a pregnancy she doesn't want., so I am more concerned with trying to find more effective contraception to stop unwanted pregnancies in the first place.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 12 May 2014 12:04:42 AM
All I can say is do-gooders stay out of others' lives. We're over populated the way it is.
Have a look at inner cities anywhere & poverty striken societies with hundres of thousands of small children suffering because do-gooders want to feel warm n'fozzy.
If those people aren't educated into contraception AND abortion then those pro life at any cost should be made to bear the cost. I certainly can't figure out how they can sleep at night whilst so many children are suffering so horribly.
Posted by individual, Monday, 12 May 2014 6:46:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy