The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Throwing rocks is not child's play > Comments

Throwing rocks is not child's play : Comments

By Philip Chester, published 12/2/2014

Sticks and stones will break bones, so how to deal with the perpetrators, even if they are Palestinian children?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Israel is not in 'occupation' of 'Palestinian territories'

You guys need to read some history. The invented Palestinian people have never accepted any land.

They refused in 1948, 1967, 2000 and 2008.
That land was in Jordanian hands until 1967. They took the land earmarked for their Arab brothers in 1948.

Israel is in control of area C of Judaea and Samaria as per the agreement made by the invented Palestinians. Read the Oslo Accords.
Area B is under joint PA/Israeli control, area A where the bulk of the Arabs live is under PA control

Israel made a huge mistake pulling out of Gaza in 2005. Stupidly they believed it was for peace and yet the rockets keep coming. From 2005 to date there have been a mere 8000 of them. So far I haven't heard of any yesterday, but no doubt that is because Israel struck back at the 5 or so which have been fired for the past 4 or so weeks daily.

On the days both Kerry and PM Harper arrived so did rockets.

You idiotically think they want peace?
Posted by SF, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 10:52:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course living under military occupation and settler fascism would have nothing to do with why kids throw stones. Neither would watching your village's olive trees cut down, your water stolen, roads for Israelis only cut through your village, a separation wall meters high cut through the same village and its adjoining farm land, having to pass through check points and tunnels to access one's own land or to visit a neighbour, never mind having to see a doctor and being made to wait until some other spotty-faced teenager with a rifle at the ready decides to (or doesn't decide to) let you through.
And then there are the night raids. Avoiding stirring up neighbours is not the reason for these raids. Instilling fear in those neighbours is.
Israel - and I do not, I most emphatically do not, say Jews so please stop hiding behind any assertion that criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic - is a crime against humanity.
Posted by halduell, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 11:25:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peace? The Poles could have had peace if they’d followed the advice currently peddled by the hasbara clan for the Palestinians. Just abandon the Resistance and accept the pig snouts of the foreign occupiers as being present de jure, gifted the stolen territory by God. The incessant bullying of Poles under Axis occupation is a model for the bullying of the people of Palestine today. Of COURSE the occupiers cried “victimised” by the Resistance and called them terrorists. Some of the vermin are still complaining today.

The only action the West could conceivably take to atone for its long history of subservience to the nasty, dangerous and blasphemous state of Israel would be to switch its lavish support to anybody who could use it to enforce the dismantling of the whole shebang and expulsion of the settlers back to their real homelands or to any other country stupid enough to accept them. Anything less than dismantling is no more than a nod and a wink at enormous risk to the lives and treasure of millions, maybe billions, of decent people, all on behalf of a fractious splinter drawn from less than one-third of 0.2% of the world population. It’s not only the Arabs whom the Israel venture threatens, it’s all the rest of us, including Jews with the common decency not to be part of it. Who wants Australian cities nuked in a world war triggered to pull Israel’s chestnuts out of the fire?

SF earns his hasbara points with “it’s a proven fact pal that we have been there for around 3,500 years.”. The racist arrogance in the “we” is breathtaking. Show us ANYBODY who has been in Palestine for 3500 years. It’s only 70 years since the world’s sympathy for the Jewish victims of the Nazi Holocaust was mistakenly transferred to the state of Israel, and this wrongly transferred sympathy has been steadily evaporating ever since. Let us hope that as the sympathy for Israel morphs into richly earned hostility, the human sympathy for ALL the victims of the Nazi Holocaust remains undimmed.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 1:17:02 PM
"Are our memories so selective that we do not recall the fear and the hue and cry that went up around Melbourne when kids were hurling rocks from overpasses on the Eastern Freeway a few short years ago?"

Are you saying you would find it acceptable for the Australian military to storm into these youths homes, in the middle of the night, and drag them away in chains and blindfolds to be treated the way we saw children treated by israel in the four corners report?

Children remember!
How much lower can Israel sink?
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 2:05:19 PM
I don't know which group sickens me most: the conscienceless Israeli-apologists who periodically crawl out of the rotting woodwork and endeavor to paint the Israelis white or the scum who are occupying Palestine and carrying out hourly atrocities upon the men, women and children who rightfully belong there.

It is obvious that none of the apologists have been to what used to be Palestine and seen for themselves just how brutal and cruel the religiously-deranged Israelis are.

I have been over there and I have followed every news-broadcast about the situation during the last decade, avoiding where I can the MSM.

P.S. Upon reflection, the apologists sicken me most. Their craven words encourage the Israelis to commit even worse atrocities!

Child killers and torturers should have no right to live on this earth
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 2:42:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes roCKS ARE ROCKS
and rubber bull-Lies [BULL-LETS]..are real bullets IN A rubber..coating

STICKS AND STONES CANBREAK YOUR BONES..but reD PHOSHER really burns you
depeted uranium ..can mutate their [and youR]..dna..the gmo corn..allowed in mAKES the 3 rd generation..of pailistinian mutantS STerile

its pathetic..how you lot dont quit
i i hiT YOU WITH A feather..YOU WOULD STILL SAY I HURT YOU FIRST

TELL ME MR SECULAR ATHEIST ZION BLOGGER..
HOW MANY ROCKS EVER HIT anyone?

how many died from a thrown rock
now lets look at the death by solger/bomb poisen suicxide etc

a pox on ya rocks
stop bombing arabs into the stone age
grow up..

BEFORE YOUR TIME IS UP

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15993&page=0
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 3:03:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy