The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Obama and Kerry converted on road to Damascus > Comments

Obama and Kerry converted on road to Damascus : Comments

By David Singer, published 11/9/2013

Last Friday destroying Syrian chemical weapons was not even on the table, now it is the only course available.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
To David Singer

Obama's threat to use overwhelming military force on any state that uses chemical weapons on civilians was absolutely right. The threat alone from the world's foremost military power should have been enough to prevent any rogue regime from using these weapons, who's use is totally banned by the UN. Unfortunately, the threat did not work, but I do not hold Obama to blame for trying.

Obama's decision to so far stay right out of that conflict is also the right thing to do. We in the west are sick and tired of saving Muslims from their own stupidity, only to have them spit in our faces for our efforts. Somalia and Iraq taught us that saving people who hate us from themselves does not win their friendship. All we end up doing is standing in between two competing factions and getting shot at by both sides. This time they can go at it with my blessings, and I hope they kill each other off.

Islamic civilisation is a failure, and it's orthodoxy is intrinsically incompatible with western liberal thought. It is a civilisation which thinks that church and state are inseparable and that priests should be the judges in its courts. It believes that apostates and homosexuals should be murdered. It believes that women are just minors who are the property of males, and that any women who "allows herself to be raped" should be punished. Islam's ban on alcohol is contrary to western social traditions, and it's Koran sanctions the use of military force to spread Islam, another one of its beliefs which are contrary to western thought.

Why you perform mental gymnastics trying to defend this evil civilisation, while sneering at your own people is beyond me. I suppose it is just like an adolescent puffing on a cigarette to show the world that he is an adult. People like yourself have convinced themselves that always opposing the interests of your own people is what "intelligent" people do. And that compulsive need to display your intellectual and moral superiority is all that matters to you.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 18 September 2013 7:28:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To LEGO

Your thinking is clearly wrong in regard to the following:

1. Obama did not threaten to use overwhelming military force on Syria. It was to be in the form of carefully targeted air attacks and did not involve boots on the ground

2. Russia disputes that chemical weapons were used by Syria and claims they were used by the rebels.

3. Obama has not decided to stay right out of the Syrian conflict and is still threatening to mount a targeted air attack on Syria if it does not hand over its chemical weapons.

4. Hoping "they kill each other off" indicates a complete lack of any humanity by you in the face of more than 100000 dead, 2 million refugees and 5 million displaced Syrians.

5. Your generalised claim that Islamic civilisation is a failure is unsustainable. Certainly the existence of the 56 existing Islamic member states of the Organization of the Islamic Conference makes your claim laughable.

6. I am not trying to defend this "evil civilisation". I am giving my analysis of what is happening on the ground in Syria based on what the players themselves are saying and where I believe this conflict is heading.

7. Your statement - "People like yourself have convinced themselves that always opposing the interests of your own people is what "intelligent" people do." - must have the Jew haters like David G, Geoff of Perth, mac, arjay, halduell and one under god rolling on the ground with laughter. With your wonderful endorsement I suppose they will soon embrace me as a member of their Jew-haters club
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 18 September 2013 12:13:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
im listening to the lies
now macain..is putting the boot into putin
puten..is saying syria..has..the will...but maybe needs a bit of help
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57603737/kerry-definitive-u.n-report-confirms-assad-behind-chemical-attack/

anyhow i got to thinking
we all watch cop shows..and usa/kerry/israel..ALL SAY..
THEY KNOW..the trajectories..[so..let them..STATE DEFINITIVELY..where
http://rt.com/op-edge/syria-rebels-have-sarin-980/

then send in..the seals..with a forensic science team
and csi..out the full crime scene..scene..[you know..dna..gun powder
launch vehicles/eyewitness accounts..the full electronic record of the area..vid cams around there..etc etc
http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_19/Video-showing-Syrian-rebels-to-blame-for-chemical-weapons-usage-3467/#.UjtdVfDh7fo.email

http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/suspicious-activity-reports-show-that-counter-terrorism-program-tracks-innocent-americans/71325/

because they..usa/zionista..know..
they wont..like what it will reveal
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/09/19/202655/us-backed-syrian-rebels-being.html?story_link=email_msg#.Ujtia3_OfPo

ps..think..of all that vidio from the attack
HOW COME HE..DIDNT SHUT DOWN..THE WEB?
thats what dicktraiters do

he4 didnt
cause innocent men dont need to shut off communications

i know..its basic stuff
it just dont pass the smell test

"The U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey, which interviewed 700 Japanese military and political officials after the war came to this conclusion:

"Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey's opinion that certainly prior to 31 December 1945, and in all probability prior to I November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped,

even if Russia had not entered the war,
and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated."

"We have regularly played.a determining role in making and in unmaking governments, and we have defined what we have considered to be the acceptable behavior of governments."...

Right-wing governments will have to be given steady outside support, even, if necessary, by sending in American forces." --

Robert W. Tucker, political scientist, 198
Posted by one under god, Friday, 20 September 2013 4:50:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy