The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Obama and Kerry converted on road to Damascus > Comments

Obama and Kerry converted on road to Damascus : Comments

By David Singer, published 11/9/2013

Last Friday destroying Syrian chemical weapons was not even on the table, now it is the only course available.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Anything that prevents 'the west' from becoming involved in the Syrian civil war has got to be good.
Why so many influential people seem hell-bent on getting involved alarms me and causes me to question their intelligence.
If anything, all steps should be taken to isolate the conflict within the borders of Syria.
It is essentially a Sunni/Shia conflict that has nothing to do with non-muslims. Let them do their dance of death on their own terms.
Posted by citizen, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 8:24:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OLO-ers, be warned. Singer is trying a new tack, bait and switch I thinks it's called.

Having completely failed to convince us of the pureness and righteousness of Israel, he is pretending to be a born-again commentator with a broad array of interests and a balanced view.

Be on your guard, methinks. The wolf has thrown a fleece over himself!
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 9:49:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If it were true David G. what a shame it couldn't be applied to you too.
Posted by SF, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 10:28:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This marks Assad’s first interview with an American television outlet in nearly two years. The interview was conducted on Sunday, September 8, at the Presidential Palace in Damascus.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article36185.htm
Posted by MEH, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:14:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The best outcome to the Syrian civil war would be for Assad to heed Obama's warnings and hand over every drop of chemical weapons that he has. He can then get on with the job of exterminating his enemies and we won't give a hoot.

No matter how bad Assad is, his enemies are worse. It all comes down to which oppressive regime in Syria that supports terrorism we would prefer to win.

I know that Arjay, David G, and Geoff of Perth have trouble understanding that concept, because they are unable to grasp things like moral perspectives. To these characters, there are only bad guys who oppress good guys, and good guys who are the oppressed, in their tiny minds.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:41:04 AM
LEGO I totally agree with EVERYTHING you posted in your comment.

Unfortunately as I visit the pro-Palestinian Blogs and sites, I find many one-eyed people like Arjay, David G. and Geoff of Perth and no matter how much they are confronted with the facts, they will not accept them.

As much as I'd like to believe that Assad will hand over his chemical weapons, I think it's a pipe dream. I will be very happy if I am wrong.

If the US had struck Syria, though unfortunately it would have killed innocents, he should have just done it. Not given advance warning so that now Assad has moved his rockets out of harm's way and no doubt hidden whatever he could hide..
Posted by SF, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:51:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy