The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > New Australian leader gives hope to conservatives everywhere > Comments

New Australian leader gives hope to conservatives everywhere : Comments

By Walter Lohman, published 11/9/2013

Abbott explicitly identified himself and his party with Heritage's support for free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional values, and a strong national defence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
David G
I reckon it's the mamil outfit.

Peter Lang
Perhaps you should read how foreign media outlets (not News Corp or West media) with no reason for bias, reports about the worst federal government Australia has had.
I have a feeling you already know this worst government ever is internationally lauded for economic management, was held in high regard for it's diplomacy and you are just reciting LNP mantra like a child does a nursery rhyme.
How about you tell us what has happened to "the budget emergency" or perhaps "national crisis at our borders" or how about an easy one, tell me one detailed policy the LNP had/has "ready to roll out"
Yes mate that's right, some people actually research these things at don't just accept 3 word slogans and biased media headlines.
I have just done a bit of a search around and still can't find any detailed policies apart from the 2 bob NBN which is under review
The LNP has had 3 years to formulate policy and it would appear that they have been that caught up in their dummy spit over not forming government they forgot
If they were "fair dinkum" they would be recalling parliament immediately and getting on with dragging Australia back from the huge mess the country is in.

Ralph Bennett
I congratulate Tony et al on pulling the best political con job I have ever seen and I hope he starts rolling out his re branded Work Choices sooner rather than later
Posted by Phil R, Wednesday, 11 September 2013 10:35:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
his re branded Work Choices sooner rather than later
Phil R,
What exactly is so wrong with work choices ? I mean isn't it better to have an agreement up front between bosses & workers than have hangers-on union bludgers interfere & disrupt & ruin at every turn ? Only those who don't perform are the ones panicking, scared to death that they might have to pull their weight occasionally. How dare we expect them to earn their keep at times.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 12 September 2013 5:44:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In England and Canada Abbott would belong to groups like the BNP
Marylin Shepherd,
Really ? Where would the likes of you be then ? Having to work for your keep perhaps instead of waiting for your undeserved & un-earned payments from the likes of the ALP Public Service crowd ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 12 September 2013 5:47:39 PM
Will the lefties never learn?
imajulianutter,
Going by the past four decades I can't see that being a possibility for several more decades yet.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 12 September 2013 6:05:27 PM
'Last year, in a speech at The Heritage Foundation, Abbott explicitly identified himself and his party with Heritage's support for free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional values, and a strong national defense. And - shhh - he also supported the idea of "American exceptionalism."'

The Heritage Foundation is also about race but not too public... (sure Abbott was not aware):

'The co-author of the fantastical Heritage Foundation report that estimated immigration reform would cost taxpayers over $6 trillion dollars has questionable views on race as it relates to intelligence.

'Richwine’s dissertation asserts that there are deep-set differentials in intelligence between races. While it’s clear he thinks it is partly due to genetics — “the totality of the evidence suggests a genetic component to group differences in IQ” — he argues the most important thing is that the differences in group IQs are persistent, for whatever reason. He writes, “No one knows whether Hispanics will ever reach IQ parity with whites, but the prediction that new Hispanic immigrants will have low-IQ children and grandchildren is difficult to argue against.”'

http://bobcesca.thedailybanter.com/blog-archives/2013/05/nope-not-racist-at-all-7.html

Surprise surprise The Heritage Foundation is also linked to the John Tanton Network (who are linked to Australian politicians on the left, and Cory Bernardi via ALEC):

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/05/15/once-again-white-nationalists-sully-immigration-debate/

It's no coincidence that Sustainable Population Australia SPA is connected to John Tanton, and his journal The Social Contract Press with other contributors such as, in Bob Carr's words, "Australia's best demographer", guess who?
Posted by Andras Smith, Sunday, 15 September 2013 12:56:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy