The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to lose the 'Christian vote' in three hours > Comments

How to lose the 'Christian vote' in three hours : Comments

By Adam Ch'ng, published 5/9/2013

For so many Christians voters, this was the moment that the sheep's clothing came off the wolf's back.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Well, Rudd had a choice -- be Christian or be rational. There's really not much you can do in 21st-Century politics to please people whose Holy Book instructs them to kill homosexuals -- not to mention witches and rebellious children. And any attempt to cater to their crazy notions by our next PM will hopefully be suppressed by the thinking majority.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 5 September 2013 8:15:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Christians who think for themselves outnumber those who let themselves be told what to think. He was pitching to the majority.
Posted by Candide, Thursday, 5 September 2013 8:41:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think we can call this the first 'gay marriage' election, if Rudd loses it will clearly be because of his apostasy.
Posted by progressive pat, Thursday, 5 September 2013 9:34:24 AM
If, according to believers, God is the creator and made everything, then he or she made gays and lesbians too. Who are we to criticize the creator or make life difficult for his creations?

Of course, for an atheist like me, this is a non-question but is likely to be a problematic one for believers along with the fact that there is no evidence supporting theological belief of any kind!

Belief is a two-edged sword!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 5 September 2013 9:46:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thinking this is 'the first gay election' shows how totally out of touch some people are. Gay marriage is barely on the radar at this stage in the campaign.
Posted by Candide, Thursday, 5 September 2013 10:00:22 AM
There are three things gays want from this fight.

Marriage, Acknowledgement and acceptance.

I have little doubt, due to the squeaky wheel syndrome, that they will get their wish for marriage, however, I doubt they will even gain acknowledgement and they most certainly won't get acceptance from many within the community.

I doubt they will be able to accept that.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 5 September 2013 10:09:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy