The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The courage of Bradley Manning will inspire others to seize their moment of truth > Comments

The courage of Bradley Manning will inspire others to seize their moment of truth : Comments

By John Pilger, published 9/8/2013

Bradley Manning is a principled whistleblower and truth-teller who has been vilified and tortured – and Amnesty International needs to explain to the world why it has not adopted him as a prisoner of conscience.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I first became disillusioned with Amnesty International when they, quite wrongly in my opinion, spoke strongly against the what we know as the Intervention in the NT.
And now the question has been asked why have they not adopted Bradley Manning as a prisoner of conscience? Indeed, why have they not done so? That he is a prisoner of conscience is, again in my opinion, beyond dispute. And I have no doubt that were we talking about a whistle blower in, say, Uzbekistan, he would have been adopted in the twinkling of an eye.
Posted by halduell, Friday, 9 August 2013 9:10:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bradley Manning is suffering Gender Identity Disorder, a female alter-ego; he calls Breanna, and exhibits violent erratic behavior. He’s a threat to everyone’s national security, a hacker and a thief.

Not a well little puppy is he?

Sounds like some kind, compassionate, mitigating, socializing, left wing media tart should take Bradley under his wing.

Where is John Pilger when we need him?
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 9 August 2013 9:41:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spindog can always be relied upon to present an extreme fascist viewpoint.

If it wasn't for Manning, the world wouldn't have seen the obscene footage of the U.S. helicopter crew having orgasms of excitement as they mowed down unarmed civilians including kids.

Manning should be decorated for his bravery and his stand against gross immorality!
Posted by David G, Friday, 9 August 2013 10:23:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shamefully, as a child I was torturing ants with a magnifying glass.

Now I have no right to tell the Americans what to do - I am not any better!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 9 August 2013 1:31:57 PM
@Yuyutsu
How sadly wrong you are. In this instance, neither you nor the rest of us have any right not to tell the Americans what to do.
To equate the treatment of Bradley Manning with a child frying ants with a microscope is as puerile as is the child's actions!
Posted by halduell, Friday, 9 August 2013 1:46:44 PM
Dear Halduell,

The analogy of frying ants with a magnifying glass was not mine, but John Pilger's. He there referred not to the treatment of Bradley Manning, but to the acts which Bradley exposed.

While I support Bradley and Snowden and wish them well and free, I cannot forget that in my youth I have done things as shameful as the crimes they reported.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 9 August 2013 1:58:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy