The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to call an election > Comments

Time to call an election : Comments

By Graham Young, published 8/7/2013

Of course Kevin Rudd doesn't want a 'negative campaign', because then he'd have to justify himself. Instead he's trying to rerun the 2007 campaign.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
You're right Bennery. I shouldn't have given him a pass on Gonski. Gonski is part of the Rudd coterie, and as you point out chairs Ingeus, Therese Rein's company, which has made a fortune from the privatisation of government job placement work. The Australian has an interesting write-up today on how they operate in the UK.
Posted by GrahamY, Monday, 8 July 2013 5:28:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Kevin,

I agree with Rhosty, Lexi and James O’Neil. On that basis not only are you doomed by those who have absolutely no idea what is going on in the world, but we have an OLO record of all their prognostications. We will of course use these to beat them over the head when and if you ever call an election.

The good news is that the “bookies” have you at 5/1. I am always impressed by the fact that I’ve never seen a poor bookie and rarely see a wealthy punter.

Bye Bye Kevin.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 8 July 2013 5:33:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The latest Morgan Poll.

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/morgan-poll-july-8-2013-201307080647

Two party preferred:

Labor - 54.5% (up 3%)

L-NP - 45.5% (down 3%)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 8 July 2013 6:56:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't understand how so many can't see that Kevin Rudd is nothing but an Academic without wisdom. Yes, he's educated but he hasn't been able to add knowledge & wisdom to his education. He appears to me rather shallow & cheap. Can't people see how he is incapable of making a genuine & convincing point when he talks. Yes he does use pseudo intellectual rhetoric but none of it is of any genuine substance. It's like listening to a fake reading the news.
Abbott is way more genuine & competent as are his off-siders. Abbott & Co might be likened to sweet & sour gherkins butt Rudd & Co are just Dill cucumbers.
Posted by individual, Monday, 8 July 2013 7:02:56 PM
Dear individual,

It's your choice of course:

One wears glasses and a smile
The other a sneer on his big-eared dial
One can talk and enunciate
The other's a bruiser who won't debate
We need a leader who'll see us through
The question is folks -
Who, Who, WHOOO?

A public debate between the two would help.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 9 July 2013 1:37:21 PM
Rudd was warned repeatedly in writing about the very real dangers of working in ceilings, any trady knows that. Rudd ignored them, and then when people died he left Garret to carry the can. The sight of Rudd 'apologizing for 'accidental' deaths that were predicted to him, makes me want to vomit.
Posted by pedestrian, Tuesday, 9 July 2013 4:41:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy