The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A century of civil liberties > Comments

A century of civil liberties : Comments

By Daemon Singer, published 6/3/2013

It's only when we sit and contemplate what life was like before 9/11, that we realise the damage done by those planes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Gosh, so much manufactured panic :)

Seriously, I reckon that I have been much concerned about and aware of the meaning of freedoms, and equality, and democracy, and enlightenment values, SINCE 9/11 than I was before - MORE aware of how precious democracy is, and the notions of freedom and euality and justice and fairness are.

I certainly haven't become MORE fearful of government - certainly not of this incompetent bunch. And maybe i swasn't playing the game but I never had any fear of a klutz like Bush, or of the Americans in general: if they were stupid enough to invade Iraq, then they could cop all the consequneces of fighting two major wars at once.

Which makes me so doubtful about the usual paranoid theories about 9/11 - this is the Americans we are talking about ? The Americans, smart enough to blow up their own buildings and get away with it ?

I don't think so. And for what ? Just to scare us ?

And how did that work out ? The US now is in a far worse position, vis-a-vis anywhere else in the world, than it was in 2000-2001, militarily, politically, economically and even culturally.

Perhaps what the conspiracy theorists need is a little less respect for the Americans - they are not all-powerful, not all-knowing, they are not much more than a bunch of arrogant fools.

Just imagine that for a moment. Now hold that thought.

Too traumatic ? Do you really need an all-pervasive Devil to complement your inevitably-successful Plan ? To find out that the Devil has feet of clay is just too much ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 8 March 2013 5:18:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reading the 'comments' here I had to check to see if there was a full Moon; no, just the usual pathetic 'truthers' and conspiracy nuts.

The Muslims did it just like they did every major terrorist attack since; the yanks didn't know what hit them; nor did the world; for a full rebuttal of the kool aid sippers in force here:

http://www.debunking911.com/

http://www.debunking911.com/paper.htm

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842?page=1
Posted by cohenite, Friday, 8 March 2013 6:56:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you think about US 'Exceptionalism' you will learn the real truth.

9/11 was an inside job, scientific proof certainly demonstrates this.

As to it all being a conspiracy, well good luck with that lunch, you are either naive or too stupid to understand the bigger US government (military-industrial complex) agenda.

The official 9/11 investigation was a complete joke. Any halfwit would realise this after reading the first 20 pages.

Many may hate Muslims, but the reality is, they were the unfortunate "Lee Harvey Oswalds", look at the grassy knoll, quick, I see some US military types..........I wonder what they were actually doing on the day?

Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Friday, 8 March 2013 8:49:06 PM
"Naive", "stupid", "halfwit".

An honest self-appraisal Geoff.
Posted by cohenite, Friday, 8 March 2013 8:57:50 PM
Hi Geoff,

No, it's not a matter of hating Muslims, that's just a red herring - after all, it's not Muslim people of believers but IslamISTS, Salafists, reactionaries of the most backward kind, who - with 1800 terrorist attacks under their belts since 2001, a couple in Pakistan in this past week - seek to terrorise (that's what the word means, Geoff) the world into moving towards converting to their ideology, a reactionary, backward, anti-women and therefore anti-human, ideology.

How to explain.

It's a bit like the difference between poor buggers who happen to have been born Catholic, i.e. their parents are Catholics and -

- those zealots who seek to turn the entire world, by sword or otherwise, into Catholics (I'm sure there are such people).

Ordinary people, like you and me, Muslims, catholics, Buddhists - and zealots, fruit-cakes, fascists of many stripes.

It's your choice who to go into bat for.

Good luck !

Cheers,

Jo
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 8 March 2013 9:42:51 PM
Thanks Cohenite,

"Naive", "stupid", "halfwit". No not a self appraisal, but certainly more applicable to someone like you who denies climate change.

Your entire mantra of denying scientific proof in relation to climate change puts you on top of the pillar of those who still can't understand or for some very odd reason don't want to understand reality.

A recent French scientific paper has shot all of you skeptics out of the water.

For someone who is supposed to be of intelligence, your continued posting pro climate change denial is a complete conundrum to me.

I acknowledge that this is your choice, unfortunately you have built your belief system on a pillar of salt in a swimming pool, you just can't and don't want to see why.

Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Saturday, 9 March 2013 12:31:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy