The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: reunification trumps confederation > Comments

Palestine: reunification trumps confederation : Comments

By David Singer, published 28/12/2012

The two-state solution to the Jewish-Arab conflict proposed under the Oslo Accords and the Bush Roadmap is rapidly turning out to be nothing but a mirage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"...Israel has done its best to move Palestinians out of the camps and into new homes."

Clearly he is even more deranged than the Singer!”

You are pure scum. Don’t judge me by your standards. Unlike you I don’t “make them up as I go along”

“The vacated homes in the refugee camps were taken down with the goal of eventually creating enough open space so that the camps themselves could be rebuilt as further new neighborhoods for the refugees.
It’s not surprising that the PLO vehemently opposed this program – after all, former residents of a refugee camp, now living in a nice home in a new neighborhood, would have a stake in supporting peace and opposing violence, exactly the opposite of the PLO’s strategy.
What is perhaps surprising is that the United Nations also opposed the program, and passed harsh resolutions demanding that Israel remove the Palestinians from their new homes and return them to the squalid camps.

For example, UN General Assembly Resolution 31/15 of Nov. 23, 1976:
Calls once more upon Israel:
(a) To take effective steps immediately for the return of the refugees concerned to the camps from which they were removed in the Gaza Strip and to provide adequate shelters for their accommodation;
(b) To desist from further removal of refuges and destruction of their shelters.

Similarly, UNGA Resolution 34/52 of November 23, 1979 declared that:
measures to resettle Palestinian refugees in the Gaza Strip away from their homes and property from which they were displaced constitute a violation of their inalienable right to return;
Calls once more upon Israel to desist from removal and resettlement of Palestinian refugees in the Gaza Strip and from destruction of their shelters;

Perhaps thanks to this support from the UN, the PLO began threatening to kill any refugee who would move out of the camps. After a few such attacks, the build-your-own-home program died, and that is why there are still Palestinians refugee camps in Gaza.”

Do I hear sorry?
Posted by SF, Saturday, 29 December 2012 12:09:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry?

Yes, I'm sorry that the world appears to be full of folk like SF and the Singer. These folk, and billions of others like them, are born with the sick idea that, or are taught to believe that: 'Might is Right', that compassion is a weakness, that caring is for suckers, that sharing is for the weak, that if someone or some nation has things you want, then, if your armies are big enough, just invade, occupy, and take them! They are primitives who are anachronisms. However, they still infest the world!

Such people are the blight of the Earth. They are the reason that peace will never grace our Earth, that it will go from catastrophe to catastrophe until, in a nuclear holocaust, humans become extinct. After all, believing that 'Might is Right' among nuclear-armed nations can only have one outcome!

Can the Singer or SF change? Not very likely. They are type-cast. They will kill anyone who gets in their road, destroy any nation that stands up to them, get rid of anyone who dares to challenge them or even call on them to use their limited intellect or conscience!

For them: Thinking = 0. Superstition = 10.

I am truly sorry that such creatures will bring about the end of our world.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 29 December 2012 2:23:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David. G.
I'm quite disappointed in not being included in your rant. Don't I get a guernsey? I was also recommended for execution by prof. Richard Parncutt for being a climate change sceptic as well! :))
Posted by Prompete, Saturday, 29 December 2012 4:06:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whilst I totally agree with your stand on Climate Change, I can't agree with anything else you say.

I would also take a good stab at saying that SF has hit the nail squarely on the head. You are proven wrong, very wrong

"The man[lady] doth protest too much, methinks."
Posted by Sam C, Saturday, 29 December 2012 5:57:24 PM
There are more than 5 million refugees at present. However, the number of Palestinians alive who were personally displaced during Israel’s War of Independence is estimated to be around 30,000.

This curious disparity is explained by UNRWA decisions in 1965 and 1982 that extended the definition of “refugees” to include the children and grandchildren of displaced Palestinians.

What other group of refugees is accorded this extended definition? Western democratic countries eventually integrate refugees into their societies. I ask myself why, after three generations, Arab countries with Palistinian refugees are unable or unwilling to accord them that which western democracies take as a given. I cynically ask myself, what's in it for them?
Posted by Prompete, Saturday, 29 December 2012 9:43:09 PM
Just days after the UN disregarded UNSC242 and Oslo II (which call for negotiations and forbids either party from taking unilateral action - the reason there were no new Jewish developments in Judea/Samaria since 1993), abu Mazen threatened to dissolve the PA, thus ending the charade. The state that never was for a people who never were has gone down the gurgler. The idea of a confederation with a kingdom on the verge of collapse or radicalisation or a takeover by Hamas in ridiculous. Does Abdullah really want more Arabs hostile to his alien regime? And can abu Mazen talk for that part of his state (that figment of his imagination) that is controlled by Hamas? Its all power challenging so typical of the Arab world. Its a non-starter because no Israeli government will hand over startegic passes and heights to unstable, hostile regimes; the Israeli public has learned the lessons of Lebanon and Gaza. Forget about peace; Israel stays put and the local Arabs can manage as best they can until they join the 21st century and give up antisemitism, their baseless notions of superiority, special status like being perperual refugees or a right to "return" to another people's country and learn to govern themselves. All of these grandiose schemes of Jordan taking over or a confederation hinge on the false premise that Israel has been removed from the scene by international pressure. The longer the local Arabs refuse to accept demiliterised self-government in Judea and Samaria or of emigrating, the longer their self-imposed misery will last. If they enjoy it so much while their leaders live in EU and UN funded luxury, their Western supporters should just butt out.
Posted by paul2, Saturday, 29 December 2012 10:35:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy