The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Domestic violence: The way it was > Comments

Domestic violence: The way it was : Comments

By Peter Pyke, published 25/11/2011

Swearing about domestic violence.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
...The violent abuse of their women by Aboriginal men, comes from 60,000 years of training.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 25 November 2011 8:02:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That is part of their culture, as in moslem culture to, it is ok to punish your wife.
Posted by 579, Friday, 25 November 2011 8:07:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is instructive that Mr Pyke discussed an example involving Aborigines. Aboriginal people are at least 6 times more likely to report having been involved some form of domestic violence that non-aboriginals.

Essentially, domestic violence is a problem of poor socio-economoc conditions that the White Ribbon People try to pretend is a general problem across society. the "ambassadors", like Mr Pyke, are little more than self-promoters.

How does Mr Pyke feel about Senator Mason's recent comments, during the very curtailed "debate" over the Family Violence Bill (which makes it perfectly legal for women to tell lies to the Court), in which the good Senator said:

"There is absolutely no excuse for domestic violence or sexual abuse of any kind against women, or children, or in some instances, against men."

Does anybody have any ideas about what sort of domestic violence or sexual abuse is excusable when directed against men? I'm afraid I've not been able to think of anything at all, but that's probably due to my misogyny or something. It couldn't possibly be because there aren't any - could it?

As long as this disgraceful piece of exhibitionism called White Ribbon Day continues, I will never, ever be prepared to put my name to anything they promote. What a bunch of tossers.
Posted by Antiseptic, Friday, 25 November 2011 9:16:29 AM
and white australian males who make up most of the offenders in Australia. It really is shocking that men want to point the finger at others in postings like those above when violence against women is so deeply embedded in our white culture. It is a shame that the author ensures that we know that this is an aboriginal family. There is much domestic violence in aborginal communities but focusing on one group allows posters like those above to make the problem about others.
Posted by perigren, Friday, 25 November 2011 9:23:15 AM
perigren, the problem IS about others. I have never hit a woman - not once. I have been hit by women many times. I have had things thrown at me. I have been locked out of my home in the middle of the night, wearing nothing but pyjamas. I have been abused verbally for hours on end. I have been subkected to court case after court case on the same matters, all funded by women's Legal Aid on the pretence that there was "violence", until finally a magistrate told her to "grow up" and "move on". I've had my children withheld from me, on the false accusation of "violence". I've listened over and over to the "conga-line of suckholes" who infest the domestic violence industry telling me that if I protest against this treatment it means I'm all the more violent, since under their definitions it's ALWAYS the man - facts are irrelevant.

Until the enablers of such behaviour like yourself acknowledge that this is a multi-faceted issue that affects mainly those in poor socio-economic conditions and is equally the province of both genders I will continue to do all that I can to ensure you are shown for what you are: misandrists with an agenda that has nothing to do with preventing violence of any kind and everything to do with getting your name in the paper in a story designed to appeal to women.
Posted by Antiseptic, Friday, 25 November 2011 10:06:17 AM
...Sorry Perigen, you are out of step:

1. 1.500, between ’98 and 2005, admissions to Alice Springs hospital with stab wounds.
2. Alice Springs has the highest incidence of stabbings in the world.
3. 4.8% Aboriginal children under 17yo are under “care and protection” orders. (0.5% for the remainder of the population).
4. 80% of jaw fractures in NT are alcohol related events. NT Aboriginals have second highest incidence of jaw fractures in the world.
5. 45 times above the national average, Aboriginal women in rural and remote areas of Australia, experience domestic violence.

...“The true prevalence of Aboriginal family violence is unknown. What is known is that the violence is endemic and presents an extremely troubling picture of the situation in many Aboriginal communities”. —Conclusion of the Gordon Inquiry Report on family violence. (WA inquiry into DV in Aboriginal communities 2001).

...IMO The author is correct to highlight an Aboriginal incidence of DV in this article
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 25 November 2011 10:22:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy