The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Prostitution - a risky business > Comments

Prostitution - a risky business : Comments

By Lyle Shelton, published 28/9/2005

Lyle Shelton argues legalising brothels does not result in a safe working environment for prostitutes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
progeny of merchant,
I want to think of you as son of someone you admire. There is someone who will call you his son, it may not be your father; but God will make you his son if you seek him. It is the highest calling for us as human, He will consider you a joint heir with Christ Jesus.

Jesus was an outcast by the wealthy lawyers of his day, and they ultimately crucified him for violating their laws and for blasphemy, because he said he was the son of God. He is your hope, saviour and possible companion if you seek Him. I know Wesley Central Mission in Castlereagh St Sydney can help you move on if you ask for help.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 21 November 2005 10:06:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have no desire to move anywhere either now or in the short to medium term. I want to maximize my revenue potential in order to build my long-term prosperity and enjoy in the longer-term a high material standard of living, financial security etc.

And to be in the company of people who accept me as I come and not seek to change me. On occasions too numerous to elaborate on here I find the hypocrisy of organized religion too breathtaking to contemplate. Organized religion must advocate more firmly for social justice, families to stand by their kids, and for ALL persons in this country to have a fair opportunity, as we come, to participate in the social, cultural and most importantly, economic life in this society.

Organized religion of several groups are on the record as against subjects such as drug law reform, rights of non-heterosexual individuals, reproductive rights of women and in a book by UOW academic Sharon Beder, religion is often the handmaiden of business in terms of what's called a "work ethic".

A leading national [claiming to be Christian] charity with multimillion donor revenue, Mission Australia, has successfully sought to exclude our people from homeless womens' facilities meaning our people if using their facilities would have to stay with males, jeopardizing their safety and placing them at risk of molestation or assault.

The religious identification of some of my family is further testimony to the hypocrisy of religion and a many number of its followers, who ultimately aim to gain influence, if they haven't already, in government in order to subvert our tolerant and secular society to have laws moulded to fit their worldview.
Posted by Inner-Sydney based transsexual, indigent outcast progeny of merchant family, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 5:53:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philo, I note you make no statement about the conduct of family in this or my parents.....does that mean you are in agreement with them, that they should have tossed me out in the gutter and the rich man that he is he shouldn't wire the prerequisite money to the surgeons who can render me the medical treatment necessary.

Don't abusive parents deserve the same standard of scrutiny that I do?
Posted by Inner-Sydney based transsexual, indigent outcast progeny of merchant family, Monday, 5 December 2005 6:05:18 PM
Dear progeny of merchant family,
I sense a burden of hurt going on in your mind. I do not know you or your parents so I cannot comment on that situation. All I can do is to appeal to you to seek help where possible help is available. My concern is that you might find your highest goals in life. Obviously your emotions do not reveal your current situation is totally satisfactory and fulfilling. Take a step where there is an open door that can assist you.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 5 December 2005 7:39:31 PM
http://www.activelifting.com.au/

My family are Directors of the above business.
Posted by Inner-Sydney based transsexual, indigent outcast progeny of merchant family, Monday, 5 December 2005 7:44:41 PM
Of course I have some distress its I see the unresolved issue of rejection by my family that does my head in. It's the price I've paid for rejecting their control of me.
Posted by Inner-Sydney based transsexual, indigent outcast progeny of merchant family, Friday, 9 December 2005 7:55:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All