The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why Israel will never concede to a Palestinian state > Comments

Why Israel will never concede to a Palestinian state : Comments

By Moammar Mashni, published 19/9/2011

Without a Palestinian state there won't be peace.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Why is it that people are unable to accept that some problems are not solvable ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 19 September 2011 8:47:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is a very sad situation for the Jewish people to find themselves in.
Whilst the rest of the world enjoys some semblance of free will, Israel will be forever mired in conflict.
Posted by Raise the Dust, Monday, 19 September 2011 9:09:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And what if the USA recognises the Palestinian state with post '67 borders?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 19 September 2011 11:36:14 AM
I think that the prevailing Israeli/North American regime view is that Israel cannot be secure with a Palestinian State on its borders.

That is because an Independent State has the right and means to raise arms and militia and there are without a doubt more than a few Palestinians who will continue to hate Israelis and try to kill them until their dieing breath

That is not to say that I approve of the manner in which the Israelis treat the Palestinians, I don't, however, I do believe that the Israelis should have their own country too and be free of fear and terror.

Likewise, I support the Palestinians to have a State, just not along side Israel.

Perhaps a new place ala Darharb in Sinai, if the new Egyptian leaders were to be so kind.

Beaches, dolphins, Special Sheeshah - I'd be happy with that. Of course, concurrently, you could stake a legal claim in whatever the relevant jurisdiction is, and then just pack up and go.

Maybe a piece of Jordon, or Syria, or Lebanon.

Better to take small steps, as I believe that even if something miraculous happened and all Palestinians became Israeli lovers overnight, the Jews would still make you prove it for millenia and treat you as 2nd class citizens all the way along.

Thus, before the last Gaza invasion, my suggestion was to blow out the back door and push everyone out into the desert and the loving arms of the N.G.O.'s, wall it back up after and make a new Green Town settlement.

I note that certain Islamic religious figures and their supporters deny the right of anyone to relinquish Israel/Palestine, JeruSalem or the Golden Mosque (and I currently support the Jews doing with it as they will) however, if that is the case, then let these same people stand in front of the uranium tanks and bullets, and let the average folk have a new Darharb and a legal claim, instead of making the women and children pay for the bitter folly of old men.
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 19 September 2011 12:59:23 PM
Oh, and whilst a forced exodus may be a War Crime in the minds of some, better that than U235 Enrichment Waste Munitions (D.U.) and White Phosphorous.
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 19 September 2011 1:15:53 PM
My understanding of the history is that around 63 the Romans drove the
Israelis out of the area and sometime later the Arabs arrived from the
North East, perhaps the Iraq area, and took over the area now called
Palestine.

So some 2000 years later the Israelis came back, although some had
drifted back over the centuries, and said "We are Back !"

To mind mind there is no solution to such a multigenerational challenge.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 19 September 2011 1:15:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy