The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Adding more Salt to the wounds of Gen Y > Comments

Adding more Salt to the wounds of Gen Y : Comments

By Fiona Heinrichs, published 3/8/2011

Debating the past and the future with Bernard Salt.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Pericles,
hypocrite refers to Salt's declamation of people who fail to return his emails but him not bothering to reply to Fiona's.
Disingenuous evasion refers to his pretense toward being some sort of scholar or learned authority toward the matters he evangelises upon when in fact he has no scholarly intent whatsoever toward properly testing his views.

You can invent all sorts of possibilities for his silence toward Fiona's eminently relevant and reasonable request. His considerable investment in his brand of distributed snake-oil very clearly points to the shortest odds option. Why would he want a public audit of its content?
Posted by wallumi, Friday, 5 August 2011 2:14:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay

Leonardo da Vinci designed a helicopter over 500 years ago.
The working machine was finally realised over 400 years later. Oil made this event possible.

When oil is no longer available for such frivolities, the helicopter will return to the drawing board and to the world of dreams. As will so many things that you seem to hang your apparently egotistical hat upon. Including, most gravely, much of our food supply. Plenty of white rabbits though to tuck into. Yum! They taste so creative
Posted by wallumi, Friday, 5 August 2011 2:27:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those who are pro growth why not look here:
http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2011/07/galactic-scale-energy/
for those of us who see the absurdity of continuous growth paradigms this is also a useful link - seems to make the likes of Salt an irrelevancy condemned to be not even a footnote in history - the only problem is that if his views continue to hold sway he may take the rest of us with him.
Posted by BAYGON, Friday, 5 August 2011 3:07:54 PM
Sarnian.
In your opinion I'm a Racist, you're just saying that because I'm White, anti Racism is just a code word for Anti White.
Anyone else can spruik the virtues of their people but if I point out some truth about my people, the White people, namely that most of us are motivated to make the world a better place....then you say I'm a Naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.
Even the silly people who don't want to have kids are doing so to make the world a better place...LOL even Racial suicide is justified as altruism ....crazy White people.

As I said, why do you think the petro Bandits and global finance crime families are so scared of White Pride?
Why does their media blare Nazi!, NAZI!, NAZIIIIIEEE! 24 hours a day?
Because White Pride might lead to White people saying "Screw them, let's just get this thing done" and implementing grass roots solutions to problems such as fossil fuel dependency and global famine.
If some Swedish guy is cooking up a little nuclear fission with his George Foreman Griddle then you can be sure that there's some White kid in his garage working on Telsa coils or spinning plasmas...just to see if he can do it.

BTW
THEY, the Globalist Mafia caused the problems in Africa today, here's a precis from a Kenyan commentator:
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=25871

It's a good tactic, blame White people for your crimes and demand that they pay your victims compensation in the form of aid.....which you then steal.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 5 August 2011 5:56:39 PM
Wallumi.
Yes, of course, the people who invented helicopters didn't pass any of that ingenuity to their descendants... that never happens to White people.
So, all this talk of making fuel from Bacteria and pond slime is just so much hot air, just White people running their mouths?

What happens if we do run out of oil to power those copters?
Oh well, it's back to solar powered Zeppelins, Nuclear Fusion and supersonic planes running on liquid hydrogen I suppose....the horror, however will we cope.

C'mon guys this is ridiculous, we're not going to fail, this doomsday nonsense is just part of the closed system of petro oligarchy, you can't defeat it by playing along.
For a bunch of people supposedly dedicated to saving the planet you're a pretty grim spectacle.
I we met at a barbecue I'd tousle your hair, give you a friendly punch on the arm and say "Maaaaate...Get over it!".

Still, If you have to indulge in this fantasy of "levelling" White ingenuity by taking an "Only by defeating ourselves can we win!" position then I suppose we can extend you the courtesy of at least humouring you.
The solutions will come in spite your discomfort over the fact that Race is real and it matters.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 5 August 2011 7:34:35 PM
"Only by defeating ourselves can we win!" is not the issue... we won't be defeating ourselves, we will simply run out of fuel. Hydrogen, BTW, is not a fuel. Point me to hydrogen mines. And in any case you have clearly not read (or understood?) the "do the math" website someone else cited earlier.

I don't understand why so few people can understand that there are limits to growth. What is so hard to understand?

Humanity's greatest shortcoming is its inability to understand the exponential function.... Pr Albert Bartlett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY
Posted by Coorangreeny, Saturday, 6 August 2011 10:38:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy