The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Measuring Australia's response to international climate change legislation > Comments

Measuring Australia's response to international climate change legislation : Comments

By Jo Coghlan, published 5/7/2011

Most countries in the Anglosphere are moving on pricing carbon, whatever their electors think.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Phase 1: Cite 'global opinion' as a precedent for taxing carbon dioxide.
Phase 2: 'Global opinion' shifts against AGW and the IPCC.
Phase 3: Cite 'European prosperity' as a precedent for taxing carbon dioxide.
Phase 4: European prosperity goes down the gurgler.
Phase 5: Cite a carefully selected minority of Anglophone nations as a precedent for taxing carbon dioxide.
Phase 6: Who knows? But it doesn't look good for the alarmists.
Posted by Jon J, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 7:49:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The other thing that gets me going about Julia and co going on about "I believe in climate change - its real". And "we have to do something to reduce emissions" to fix it.

So simplistic. Of course we all notice that the climate changes - all the time. Who doesn't "believe" in climate change. Note though that she cleverly avoids the real questions. Is man having an impact on climate change? (My answer - probably). If he is, are anthropogenic factors greater than natural factors (My answer - not really known. Probably not). Of the anthropogenic factors are anthropogenic CO2 emissions a major factor (My answer - not demonstrated. Probably not). If anthropogenic CO2 emissions ARE a major factor, is the likely resultant climate change adverse/costly? (My answer - not demonstrated. Probably not.)

And finally. Even if anthropogenic CO2 emissions are demonstrated as having a seriously adverse impact, what, practically, can we do about it. (My answer - not much).

Julia and co just avoid all the above questions, and jump straight the conclusion that We Must Have A Carbon Tax.

If you ask me it is all about politics, spin and plain bs. Not about reality.
Posted by Herbert Stencil, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 8:28:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy