The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sweden no model for sex laws > Comments

Sweden no model for sex laws : Comments

By Elena Jeffreys, published 17/3/2011

Criminalising everything but prostitution in Sweden hasn't stopped prostitution, just made it liable to corruption.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Vanna,

Do I understand correctly that you consider it a crime to not have a career?

Should every occupation that has no long-term prospects of "climbing the ladder" be criminalized?

Should people (like me) who have no ambition to climb some corporate (or equivalent) ladder be incarcerated in a mental-hospital?

Do you consider it a crime to be content and happy where you already are?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 20 March 2011 6:03:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

Have you been going to too many prostitutes also?

Do you think that sex is "work" as stated by the author?

Do you think that you have to pay a woman money if you have sex with her?

If so, what else do you pay a woman money for?
Posted by vanna, Sunday, 20 March 2011 7:39:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Prostitution is not “work”, nor is it a “profession”.*

Of course its a profession. People can make a living any
way that they choose to. Its a profession if it pays the
bills. Given that many of these girls are far better paid then
you are, in economic terms they are clearly valued more then you
are.

*I think you have been going to too many prostitutes, and now, all you can think of is prostitutes.*

Fair enough Vanna, once again you are a bad judge of character.
I happen to live in the outback. No working girls out here lol. So
do I chat up somebody's wife? Or go to the pub and tell some bird
that I love her, to get in her pants? You have never really thought abut this too deeply, it seems.

All I can assume is that you are a cheapskate who wants something
for nothing, or just prefer dating yourself :)

You ignore the laws of nature at your peril.

Working girls have a job just like anyone else and contribute to
society just like anyone else.

Perhaps you simply have a chip on your shoulder about sex,
which is of course quite normal and natural. Is religion the
cause perchance?
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 20 March 2011 8:46:51 PM
Dear Vanna,

I think that there are much worse professions than prostitution, for example advertising - harassing people in the pursuit of seducing them to waste their money on things they don't really need.

Now again, this specific discussion is not whether prostitution is good or bad, or whether it is "work" or otherwise, or whether I ought to be paying for sex or for any other services rendered by women (that may well be the topic of another thread), but whether or not the government should make it illegal to practice.

The Swedish-style proposal suggests that people should be put in jail for doing something which they agree on and does not hurt anyone else. Whether that "something" can be considered "work" or not, or whether it should be paid for or not, is all besides the point.

There are many other activities that I personally consider unwise (including most competitive sports and car-racing for example, gambling, drinking, etc.), but I will never condone using violence against people who participate in such activities. Why should the government then be allowed to use violence against people who have hurt no one? Yes, placing people in jail is certainly a form of violence. It is unacceptable!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 20 March 2011 9:15:05 PM
Yabby,
"People can make a living any way that they choose to"

Well I hope when someone breaks into your house and steals something, they leave a note that says "Just a making a living the easiest way I can think of"

But you pay women for sex (or want to pay women for sex), so what else are you prepared to pay a woman to do?

If history is anything to go by, they won't stop at sex.
Posted by vanna, Sunday, 20 March 2011 9:18:15 PM
"Well I hope when someone breaks into your house and steals something"

That is a non-consensual activity. Prostitution is consensual.

"they won't stop at sex"

So what? If the man is so stupid that he wants to pay and pay and pay, then it is his problem and his alone, not the government's.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 20 March 2011 9:37:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy