The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Grown up girls take responsibility > Comments

Grown up girls take responsibility : Comments

By Jennifer Wilson, published 4/3/2011

Hey girls, let's not waste our energies blaming men. Let's take responsiblity for our own behaviour.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. ...
  14. 35
  15. 36
  16. 37
  17. All
Suze,

You are stridently opinionated - as are we all.
It is what makes OLO so entertaining and thought provoking.
Don't underestimate the value of your input on this thread....through discussion we arrive at accord, and every argument is pertinent to the outcome.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 11:04:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suze,

Go if you want to, I don't really care either way. Nobody likes a passive aggressive martyr.

paul,

Tragic?

poirot,

'Don't underestimate the value of your input on this thread....through discussion we arrive at accord, and every argument is pertinent to the outcome.'

That just cracks me up. There is an accord and an outcome? I still say OLO is a public graffiti wall. Any suggestion it's more than that is delusional as far as I'm concerned.

pelican,

'Some ingenious scientist may yet come up with a soft drink additive that makes pharmaceutical type drugs turn bright pink or yellow - that would be a good invention.'

Wouldn't work in the pink lolly water the chicks drink. Pity, it would be a good source of free drugs. 'Hey babe, your drink has been spiked, mind if I drink it instead?'.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 11:41:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Houellie,

You're just so radical, aren't you.

I was referring to the practice of discourse in general.

I can't help but admire your antithetical attitude which lends itself perfectly to your theory of OLO as a wall for graffiti....I know how much enjoyment you derive from puncturing pretension and pomposity. Highly entertaining all round - as graffiti should be!
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 12:07:56 PM
Happy International Women's Day, everybody ......
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 12:21:01 PM
Loudmouth,

"Happy International Women's Day, everybody..."

Can't wait to hear vanna's opinion on that one.

Is there and International Men's Day?....or, dare I ask, an International Invent Yer Own Drink Day?
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 12:39:28 PM
Poirot,

Yes, the struggle for equal rights is in EVERYBODY's interests.

Liberte, Egalite, Camaraderie :)

There is a fascinating article on al-Jazeera about the vital participation of women in the current uprisings, on:

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/03/201134111445686926.html

Just goes to show that there can be no genuine revolution, or genuine democracy, which does not involve women, and put the institutionalisation of their equality front and centre.

Joe Lane
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 12:59:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22