The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How punishments can be a crime > Comments

How punishments can be a crime : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 4/11/2010

The most moral punishment is the one that most fully recognises the perpetrators humanity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
SHRODE

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT LOWERS US TO THE LEVEL OF THE PHYSCOPATH.

Did the punishments metered out by God in some sections of the bible, for example the Great Flood where presumably little children and babies in the womb were deliberately executed by the method of drowning, for the sins of the adults in society, lower God to the level of the Physcopath.

Ted Bundy the notorious serial killer, who was eventually executed did not cause his executors to suddenly turn into Ted Bundy thus becoming overnite serial killers. They simply returned to their homes after the execution was over and continued being the tenderhearted parents and citizens they were before the execution.

The above statement <Capital punishment lowers us to the level of the Physcopath is just noble sounding rubbish and doesn't stand up to detailed analysis.>
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 4 November 2010 10:33:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<ALL HUMAN LIFE IS SACRED>

Not by the natural laws that exist on this planet it's not. Without the input of modern medicine- vaccination,antibiotics,penicillin,heart disease treatments and so on the lifespan would revert to the natural law of nature on this planet. Which is that no matter how deserving,intelligent or loved you are, your life and the life of others would be a precariously short affair. Before vaccination and antibiotics you'd even be lucky to make it past your childhood. A simple infected scratch would turn into blood poisoning and kill you pretty quickly too.

Following the line of reasoning of the Right to Life, that you must only die at an appointed time by God and so your suffering can not be ended by man, it is hypocritical of these Life at any Price people that they condem medical means of ending a lfe of suffering and yet indulge in every man-made medicine they can find themselves, vaccination,etc to prolong their own life against the natural wishes of God. For who is to say that God didn't mean you to die at an appointed time but you keep using vaccinations and whatever against his will to prevent you dying at your God appointed time.

Who's to say that God didn't mean you to suffer with that dreadful earache or toothache to make you more humble and compassionate and yet you keep using man made medication to relieve it. At the same time you deny the suffering of the dying or seriously handicapped, to be helped by the same so called non-God intervention.

Sounds more like the mixed up thinking of mankind than the intelligence of God to me.

If the right to life argument is going to be used to stop the execution of serious and cruel violent offenders then I thought I would point out the serious flaws and hypocrisy inherent in their arguments.
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 4 November 2010 11:20:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have any of you ever been incarcerated? At the approximate age of 6 I was removed from my family and placed in an institution. In the institution I suffered inhuman atrocities meted out by the so called carers. In a Salvation Army boys Institution I was raped by a pedophile staff member on a number of occasions. I attempted to report it but no one would believe, not even my own family. My life became a life of crime, institutions and eventually prisons. All my friends were other people I met in institutions. I was a hardened criminal until I rehabilitated myself about 20 years ago. I am now 61 years of age. Boys homes and girls homes (institutions) are crime schools, and the inmates especially when very young have no choice other than to pursue a life of crime as thats all they learnt. I now work for a living and by my own choice avoid all my past friends so I cannot be encouraged or coerced to return to a life of crime. Where there is life there is hope. No one can be rehabilitated unless they are prepared to do it themselves. The hardest part of rehabilitation is knowing how to start. Its easy for people who do not understand the juvenile justice and prison system and how it works, to want to lock people away or execute them to save tax payer expenses. Many of the adult prison population began in childrens institutions.
Posted by gypsy, Thursday, 4 November 2010 11:38:53 PM
Those who want to deliver, a good well balanced example, men who do not want or have an inclination to take advantage of others can set the tune and help those who need direction to steer them through life and deal with the trials & tribulations which the lost and troubled confront. Its a pity some men have spoiled it for the many and the politically correct state sanctioned have taken control and now fail to deliver over time and its tides positive results. Now it must be recognized that the state and women’s only prescriptive care is not the only solve in dealing with societies current misfits. To be partially repaired and given positive drivers this time, the needy must have balanced role models where saving the koala or platypus or global warming is not a distraction or poor substitute for the truth.
Posted by Dallas, Friday, 5 November 2010 2:27:39 AM
churley/cheerfull...KNOW..we each have been given..our life[sentance}..here on earth

some sent for 100 years..to learn lifes lessons

others but a few days..that get aborted]

regardless..we each get our life
[regardless of how long..we THEN get eternal/life..from god]

blaming the flood..on god..is inane
dont you 'get'..how..science explains/..weather?

the..'flood'...has been explained..as the time..the mediteranian sea../flooded

to blame..the in-sanity..[schitsophrenia...by.polar]..mental aberant causal/behaviours..of abraham...[hearing voices..to kill..then not kill..his only begotten son...

is a measure of the human...developing humanity..
[even..through demonic..call of insanity]

its sad...some people..dont get god is love
[if its not love/loving..[gracefull/mercyfull]..

ITS NOT OF..god..[good]

its not complicated..[even a child can learn..good..from that not good]..that not good..isnt*..from good..[god]...

both choices come via outside..inflow..[influx..IN-spiration]..
as the writings of swedenberg..[a scientist]..made clear..

we live in a time..when we know..the rule..thou shalt NOT murder...is true...[its a rule..even a fool can live by]...we each get our life share...[maybe by karma]..or other law

but we live
then die

no exceptions
then eternity..to fullfill...our true life

god is more than fair

if not here
then there
Posted by one under god, Friday, 5 November 2010 6:34:08 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
it can be rightfully said....no-one..in their right-mind...
would injure..others...but for good reason

thus we need to realise..there are those..without right/mind
that really hate...huh-mans..thus their..left-mind's pasions rule them

i will quote..to show how it works

[this is extracted..from the officers account..[gone west]..after his death]

“‘I want a drink,’..I cried.
“‘Come along,’..he replied...‘We have one/..here who looks after all who thirst.’

In a moment..I was aware of..a howling mob,..and over them presided a being.[more of hum/later]

How shall I..describe him?
He most closely resembled..a drunken man,..low,bestial,
sodden with drink,..foul in every way.

“There was nothing grand..or majestic about him,
nothing of..what Milton describes of..ruined splendor.

The nearest thing you can ever have seen..is some drink-sodden wretch
thrown out of a..‘pub at closing time.

He leered,..and we all yelled,..‘Drink!..Give us drink!’

“‘Come with me’..he seemed to say;
‘but..you will have to..work first.’

“In a moment we were in..a large,..low drinking den,..somewhere,..I should think,..in the..east end of London.

It was crowded..with low men..and women..and even children.

“Oh,..what a lovely,smell..of gin and whisky there was!
It is true..there was rather too-much..loaded cheap beer,..still,..one can’t be too particular...

“But..when I wanted..to get hold of a glass of beer..which was standing on the bar..I was..quite unable to hold it.

The desire..for it grew stronger..and stronger,..and I seemed to contort myself..with a kind of mad fury...I looked at..the drink guide,[elemental]..and he was laughing and jeering..and mocking me.

At last..he said,..‘Work,..you lazy brute’
“‘How can I?’
“‘Look what the others are doing.’

“Then I noticed that many of..the others were twining themselves..arround..the men and..women who were drinking.

I cannot exactly describe..how they did it,..but
they seemed to/be..insinuating themselves..*into their carcasses.

“Suddenly..I saw a man..who was already fairly tipsy..drop in a kind of drunken stupor....NOTE/next..

At once..a spirit..who had been twining round HIM..
began to fade..*into him..and soon seemed to be..absorbed into him.

then..He was gone,..and lo!
the man staggered..to his feet..and yelled,
‘More beer,..you ––––!’

“I won’t say what.”

continued
Posted by one under god, Friday, 5 November 2010 9:12:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy