The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott: Australia’s Sarah Palin > Comments

Abbott: Australia’s Sarah Palin : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 19/8/2010

Tony Abbott: can you really trust someone willing to opportunistically disclaim his entrenched values and opinions?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Amicus,

I Apologise, Foyle was the target of my anger.

So I now say to Foyle

You are just a fool.

and in reply to your long winded rants, I simply quote Winston Churchill

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

out!
Posted by Angry Oak, Thursday, 19 August 2010 11:05:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
angry oak .. not a problem, I understand completely
Posted by Amicus, Thursday, 19 August 2010 11:24:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The article is a mish mash of half baked ideas, long filler quotes from some from known and some from unknown people,and,like a Bob Brown speech, relies on rhetoric not logic and doesn't come to any conclusions, just makes end statements. The article is an ill thought out pre-election conservatives put down. That's all.

Its quite ironic that Kellie Tranter along with a multitude of other lefty women put Sarah Palin down more than did any man. The same people, of course,will blame the 'patriarchy' for preventing women entering Politics.

Kellie, you say you want more women in Politics but apparently only as long as they follow YOUR ideology. You can now be seen for what you are - an ideologue hiding behind the 'justice for women' banner. A wolf in sheeps clothing.

The author is doing more to disenfranchise women then any man could through her outright rejection of conservative females, who make up about 1/2 of the female electorate.

A perfect example of how the Left is intolerant to diversity. How about a fair go for ALL women?
Posted by Atman, Thursday, 19 August 2010 11:40:08 AM
Just becasue someone is a Rhodes Scholar doesn't mean they have any common sense...doesn't mean they haven't got it either...but either way, I wouldn't get caught up in academic achievement when talking about running a country. I have come across many very bright people who have no idea about the practicalities of ordinary life and struggle to boil rice when asked to cook dinner
Posted by Phil Matimein, Thursday, 19 August 2010 11:48:56 AM
It is totally biased to claim Tony Abbott is Australia's Sarah Palin for two reasons:

Abbott doesn't shoot moose.

Palin isn't a Rhodes Scholar.
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Thursday, 19 August 2010 11:55:06 AM
Even blind Freddie can see through Sarah Palin. Abbott supporting her and her ideals is about what one would have expected from such a feckless person. By the same token, Gillard is so compromised by the Melbourne Zionists that can't even spell Palestine. She is pathetic in her lack of compassion and humanity.
Never in the history of this country have the poor voters ever been faced with such a dilemma. Tweedledum or Tweedledee.

The values represented in the two candidates is dismal. I am out of words on this subject but ask those readers who still have some reservations about both of the aspiring Prime Ministers to at least ensure that neither party controls the Senate. I consider after the last 64 hours analysing the statements made by the 'leaders' that the accounting errors are staggering on both sides of the fence and following the sincere presentation at the Press Club yesterday by Bob Brown, my confidence in the need for a third and active party in Australia is confirmed.

As much as the entrenched system favours the major parties, the opportunity on this occasion to construct a new organisation with decent ideals, fair and equitable policies across the board was certainly there in June but the timeframe was inadequate. But it needs to be done. It needs to follow public meetings where real people can elect real and sincere politicians not the likes of Abbott, Bishop, Arbib, Gillard and her compromised connections. We do not deserve such people and will never have a feeling of pride in their actions, particularly on the international stage, while they have policies that do not address the problems here. Water is a problem, so is population, food production, pollution, education and health and the candy-covered policies dished out on this campaign can never be seen as ever solving our problems.

Whatever the result, a party needs to be established that takes into account all viewpoints to attract decent candidates, not opportunitstic incompetents, thick on the hustings in 2010.

As I said, a dismal prospect.
Posted by rexw, Thursday, 19 August 2010 12:00:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All