The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott: Australia’s Sarah Palin > Comments

Abbott: Australia’s Sarah Palin : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 19/8/2010

Tony Abbott: can you really trust someone willing to opportunistically disclaim his entrenched values and opinions?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
An incisive and amusing article about Palin in yesterday's Opposition Organ:

<< Palin presents mediocrity as an American virtue

SARAH Palin was once a contender: a no-nonsense mum and a serious politician. Now she's just a greedy celebrity.

Palin's ignorance and inarticulacy are so constantly on display that she can't just be simulating them to strengthen her popular appeal. They are also attributes in which she takes pride. As Jacob Weisberg writes in the introduction to his new anthology, Palinisms: The Accidental Wit and Wisdom of Sarah Palin: "Palin's exuberant incoherence testifies to an unusually wide gulf between confidence and ability. She is proud of what she doesn't know and contemptuous of those 'experts' and 'elitists' who are too knowledgeable to be trusted." >>

http://tiny.cc/rhdf5

Abbott is no Palin - he has the benefit of an education and a functioning brain. Pauline Hanson would be the closest equivalent, and look what happened to her.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 29 August 2010 9:04:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HFR,

The link does not take me where you implied it does, but I found what I take your intended site to be anyway, at http://liberalslikechrist.org/Catholic/Hitlersfaith.html

It does not show that Hitler was a Catholic at the time of the War. It says, “Hitler understood how much it would hurt his cause if the 66% of the German population who were Protestants and the 33% who were fellow Catholics were to learn how anti-Christian he and his Nazi ring leaders actually were in their hearts.” That is my point. He was a Catholic in name only, and he pretended to support Christianity when political expediency required it, but there was nothing Christian (Catholic or Protestant) about him, and his long-term intention was to destroy all the churches, the Catholic one included.

The other aspect of the site is to condemn the Catholic Church for its approach to the Nazis, something which I have not disputed.
Posted by Chris C, Tuesday, 31 August 2010 2:13:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy