The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > East Anglia Climate Science Exonerated > Comments

East Anglia Climate Science Exonerated : Comments

By Geoff Davies, published 21/4/2010

Accusations of fraud or scientific misconduct have been widespread. The committee considered that if there had been misconduct they would very likely have found it.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
The CRU has rigorously investigated itself and found that there has been “absolutely no evidence of any impropriety whatsoever" ?

Well, that's all right then.

Now to investigate whether Professor Jones actually did say that there had been almost no warming since 1995 ......
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 8:36:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear Geoff, I note from your bio that <<His day job does not directly involve either climate science or economics,>> Just as well, don’t give it up, the day job I mean.
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 8:54:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect that more mere evidence will not change the denialists attitude one iota.
If you think the published results from data 5 years ago is alarming (and you should), you should see the latest raw data. Things have got a lot clearer.
Now knowing the tactics of the industry groups, I suspect we are going to get more FUD and more personal attacks as the science becomes clearer. Expect a small bunch of "scientists" (they won't be climatologists until industry can train some tame ones) to come out with some vague comments implying doubt, conspiracy, communism, etc.
Posted by Ozandy, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 9:08:36 AM
ozandy

Well put and appropriately well observed.

It is a pity that the "sceptics" (sic) won't read or acknowledge that it has been pointed out that the disputed/denied data was/is available from other sources.
This raises the probability that the whole attack on EAU prior to the hack was a divide and conquer activity by those who were threatened by the AGW/ACC.
i.e. part of a similar orchestrated campaign that emanated from the same source as the attack on On scientific data by Big Tobacco's pet think tank. It is a campaign of that has been used to discredit the science by innuendo, denial and using revered people that have no real connection to the sciences involved.
It is an ideological one backed by elements in the Republican movement see Homeland web site and their supported sites.

The objections are politically driven.

A pox on *all* political parties whose first victim is objectivity and the public interest.
Posted by examinator, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 9:51:14 AM
Ozandy, examinator,

So it's not true what Phil Jones is supposed to have said ? It's all some CIA-BBC fabrication ?
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 10:47:30 AM
I doubt even the CIA could alter migration patterns of dozens of species and fudge the data from thousands of weather stations...but they faked the moon landing don't you know!
Seriously, how folks can get all stirred up about a worldwide conspiracy of geeks while letting the financial industry off the hook totally is just bizarre! Propping up millionaires with taxpayers money OK....but be afraid of the weather men, they want *more* funding!
I guess those who live by deceit and greed cannot imagine others living any other way. Sad.
Posted by Ozandy, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 11:44:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy