The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hen’s night bunny feminism > Comments

Hen’s night bunny feminism : Comments

By Katie Ellis, published 15/2/2010

Female chauvinist pigs or sexual self expression: Playboy offers women an entry to the core feminist ideal of sexual self determination.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
I have been back to the original article four times now, and still have no idea what the author is complaining about. For a sex that claims to be 'communication skill' enhanced, she has all the clarity of a mud pool. Would anyone care to parse what she is saying? Preferably in English. References to Simone de Bouvoir and her contention that women should not be given choices because they will always choose the most idle one, will be awarded extra points.
Posted by Amfortas, Thursday, 18 February 2010 9:54:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amfortas,
To explain the article (perhaps).

The article on OLO refers to this article in the UK Gaurdian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1993934,00.html

In that article, the author Hannah Pool complains about “hens nights” and how much she hates them. This is mainly because the women fight and bicker so much.

This is contrary to feminist belief that men are abusive.

It is also a part of feminist belief that men make women wear clothes that are sexually suggestive, but at “hens nights”, many of the women wear clothes such as “a pair of devil horns, a tail and a garter”.

It now sems that women bicker and wear sexually suggestive clothes, OF THEIR OWN ACCORD.

So the author is in a bit of a dither, as everything seems to be the opposite to various feminst beliefs (that many have built a career on, particularly in the academic sphere), and the author wants to call it all “post feminism”

I think I got that right (or maybe not).
Posted by vanna, Thursday, 18 February 2010 10:55:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that Vanna.

"It now sems that women bicker and wear sexually suggestive clothes, OF THEIR OWN ACCORD"

Good Lord !! This, despite them achieving maturity at such an early age when their chests reach 32B.
Posted by Amfortas, Thursday, 18 February 2010 11:24:54 AM
Pelican, i note you have become a lot more reasonable of late, but are still "in denial". Those "70's mixed messages" are not just, still around, they have been amplified by femanism out of all proportion & vast amounts of new ones have been added, as well, to oppress women, men, children, everybody.

Femanism was always about creating disharmony, mistrust, self abuse, poverty, etc. Everything that has gone wrong in modern western society, over the last 40 years, can be linked, directly, to feman-nazism.

suzeonline, sorry dear, as the former owner of a wheel chair accessible taxi, or maxi taxi, who also chose to work the night shift, i can assure you that "hens nights" are a much bigger, more common, deal than "bucks nights". The women always drank more and behaved worse, in a pathetic game of "outdoing men" (including the burping, farting, spewing, arse & knob grabbing, etc), which they were, "trained by" femanism to do. I take it you have never seen any of those stickers saying, "women can do anything" & everything a man can do, etc, only better. I & all the other AFL are not even slightly bitter, just feeling sorry for you, your sistahood, even more so for any poor girl, born during the last 40 years or so, who have been brain washed, by the shrieking ChazPropaganda, abusing them, feman-nazism is "corporate paedophilia".
Posted by Formersnag, Sunday, 21 February 2010 1:59:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy