The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW drivers have license taken away if over the limit

NSW drivers have license taken away if over the limit

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Many of you have rightly cited, the use of Moblie Phones as a cause of serious accidents. And I couldn't agree more. However, that should include police members using a Mobile, unless it's directly in relation to 'urgent duty driving' ('two's & blues') or in a direct criminal investigation.

Too many police use their phones, for private reasons, while I/C of a police vehicle, availing themselves of the general exemption made for police on duty. Police have caused some horrendous accidents as well, some even fatal - therefore they must also be held accountable like any other road user.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 13 May 2019 11:31:15 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/snapchat-crash-victim-speaks-out-about-headon-collision-which-put-him-in-a-coma/news-story/50ea497df266960c6b6eaccd240968e0
o sung wo this link shows a far difernt ues of the phone, and its tragic end
Some years ago my ham radio club, then thriving, contacted the federal minister for communications
Mobils,the brick type, had just arrived
Can you still use radio while driving was our question.
The answer was yes
Police, at least Highway, seem to break many laws, hope doing so does not lead to a death
Posted by Belly, Monday, 13 May 2019 11:38:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

"Is Mise,
Driving on open country roads on a clear day with no traffic is even easier."

Unless in kangaroo country, goat or deer country,
or all combined.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 13 May 2019 4:47:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,
well, if you consider that many drivers share the same degree of mentality as those animals you mention then yes, the recipẻ for disaster is complete !
Posted by individual, Monday, 13 May 2019 7:19:32 PM
Thank you BELLY for your input, I couldn't agree with you more, at the inherent dangers of using a mobile while driving. Many people think it's just another source of revenue gathering, far from it. Still, how do you convince our young drivers to believe using a mobile is so hazardous?
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 13 May 2019 8:56:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wo, like your profession mine [as road worker] saw me see things no one should have to
Police forced out of the job because of dreadful trauma, death in numbers we[thankfully] no longer see
But phones are killing more every day, on our roads, not always those using them'
So it remains my view if grog is bad, and it is, why are we soft on phone use?
We will see new toughter laws here but why must it be after more deaths
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 5:45:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy