The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW drivers have license taken away if over the limit

NSW drivers have license taken away if over the limit

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
If I had my way, a traffic fine would be 10% of the driver's weekly income ! The second fine would double & so on. The fine amount should reset every 12 months !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 6:17:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual my bet is taking the right to drive away would cost more
On posting this thread it was said [official figures] just over 50 percent of low range drivers got off scott free
The new law sees them without a license right then, on the roadside
But using the phone while driving? even texting?
And in some older drivers using the cruise control may see them ract to trouble very much slower
The road is no place for inattention ever
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 May 2019 7:13:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe that taking away their license is socially & economically unwise. By all means take away the recreational use but removing or denying work driving is more irresponsible as it causes whole families to suffer the loss of income AND it is a further burden on taxpayers because the other option is unemployment.
We need to work on solving social problems not create them !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 May 2019 8:47:52 AM
Can not agree individual
Truth is the penalty should hurt enough so they do not reoffend
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 May 2019 12:38:57 PM
Belly,
I thought that's what I said ? It should hurt the offender, not everyone !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 May 2019 5:40:55 PM
Well indy fine 10 percent of income v no drivers license for three months
Think the lost license would be more expensive
Remember for some ten percent of income is not much at all
Posted by Belly, Friday, 17 May 2019 5:53:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy