The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your view for one to worship humans?

What is your view for one to worship humans?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All
OzSpen: As for my PhD in NT, you wrote: <<Not worth the paper it's written on>>. Mate, it was a 480pp research dissertation. Do you denigrate my 5 years of research because my theological conclusions on OO do not agree with your ideology?

Yep, I do.

You were researching from the point of view that the New Testament is accurate & you believe every word to be true, from the start. That's not research, that's regurgitation.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 9 July 2018 9:39:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This religion superstition is getting out of hand AGAIN.
A workmate of mine is a so-called happy-clapper who is so convinced that he'll end up in heaven & be happy ever after. Now, if he so convinced then why is he scared of flying or indeed anything that could end his earthly existence ? I'd have thought with such prospects as he believes he'd welcome an early departure from here ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 9 July 2018 10:10:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jayb,

<<Yep, I do.

You were researching from the point of view that the New Testament is accurate & you believe every word to be true, from the start. That's not research, that's regurgitation.>>

Have you read my dissertation to know that your statements here are telling the truth? What was the title of my dissertation?

Have you read it in its entirety?

If your statement is not based on facts from my dissertation, you are telling me a furphy.

Are you a bit hostile towards me and my worldview?
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 8:49:18 AM
OzSpen: Have you read my dissertation to know that your statements here are telling the truth? What was the title of my dissertation?

No I haven't, but I would be very interested to dissect it in a non-biased way. I can do that.

If you let me know where I can get your dissertation I would be happy to read it & give you my honest opinion without bias.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 9:07:06 AM
individual,

<<This religion superstition is getting out of hand AGAIN.>>

That's your assertion coming out of your worldview.

Are you wanting to censor my Christian comments on OO and put them in the class of superstition?

<<A workmate of mine is a so-called happy-clapper who is so convinced that he'll end up in heaven & be happy ever after. Now, if he so convinced then why is he scared of flying or indeed anything that could end his earthly existence ? I'd have thought with such prospects as he believes he'd welcome an early departure from here ?>>

That does sound hypocritical to me from the little info you've given.

However, you won't get me snorkelling on the Barrier Reef because I can't swim. It would be presumptuous of me to commit suicide by jumping out of the boat and hoping I'd survive. It would be stupidity to do such an act when I know better.

If he is "scared of flying", you haven't given enough info to say why he has this fear. I wonder what he'd say if I asked him. Why don't you invite him to join this conversation to explain why he has this fear of flying.

You are making pejorative comments about the Christian faith, which you label as "religion". I would not do that with your worldview, but I will expose the holes in it and the possible logical conclusions to which it comes.

In being a "happy clapper" your colleague is in good company with the Psalmist who wrote, 'Come, everyone! Clap your hands! Shout to God with joyful praise!' (Psalm 47:1). I'd be happy at any time to join him in clapping and shouting in praise to the Lord God. He is in excellent biblical company when he follows the Psalmist.
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 9:20:28 AM
Jayb,

It was you who wrote of my dissertation, <<You were researching from the point of view that the New Testament is accurate & you believe every word to be true, from the start. That's not research, that's regurgitation.>>

Now you state that <<I haven't [read it], but I would be very interested to dissect it in a non-biased way. I can do that.>>

That's audacious of you to label my dissertation as 'That's not research, that's regurgitation' - and you haven't read it. With respect, I can't trust you with an honest assessment when you dump your worldview on my dissertation, without having read it. I think you need to check your honesty gauge.

You are firing from the hip - without knowledge.

Now you want to suck me into the idea that with my dissertation, you will "dissect it in a non-biased way. I can do that." What a joke! You have a very biased worldview and you couldn't dissect it without that bias coming into play.

You've been constant in tearing into Christianity as 'religion' and you want me to believe you are a non-biased writer?
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 9:31:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All