The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your view for one to worship humans?

What is your view for one to worship humans?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28
  13. All
As I understand it, with my limited knowledge, Hinduism is a Philosophy. Hindu's follow a Saint. They don't Worship anyone in the Christian sense. They follow a particular Saints teachings. Much like Christians follow Yeshua ha-Notzri (AKA Jesus). I defer to Yutsie in this matter.

But, Who does that? In India it is explainable. The Worship of the Beatles, Taylor, Kardashians, etc? In the West I would consider this to be a mental Illness.

The number of Storkers, Suicides etc, attributed to this type of Worship is testimony to this type of Mental Illness.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 28 June 2018 11:10:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner: Either Jesus was lying , deceiving people or telling the truth.

Well really it wasn't Jesus. There are no writings by Yeshua ha-Notzri himself. There is only the writings of the Apostles who had never even met the man & some Epistles from people who had. Then there's Paul who hijacked the Teachings anyway. I suggest Paul was a conman, after all he was a Tax Collector for the Jewish Temple who decided that collecting money was a great Scam.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 28 June 2018 11:18:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You can argue whatever you folks like.

People will still continue to do as they've
always done - which is choose their own
beliefs to follow despite what any of you
think is right or wrong for them.

Some form of religion has existed in every
society that we know of. Religious beliefs and
practices are so ancient that they can be traced
into pre-history hundreds of thousands of years
ago. Even the primitive Neanderthal people of
that time, it seems, had some concept of a
supernatural realm that lay beyond everyday reality.
Among the fossilized remains of these cave dweller,
anthropoligists have found evidence of funeral
ceremonies in the form of flowers and artifacts
thata were buried with the dead, presumably to accompany
them on the journey to an afterlife.

As stated earlier religion is a universal social
institution, it takes a multitude of forms. Believers
may worship gods, ancestors, totems, saints, and many
others; they may practice solitary meditation, frenzied rituals,
or solemn prayer.

Whether they should or should not do this is irrelevant.
The fact remains - that they do.

Runner,

You have no way of knowing what I believe in or do not.
And you're in no position to comment on it. Talk about
things that you may know instead.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 June 2018 11:23:31 AM
Jayb

' I suggest Paul was a conman, after all he was a Tax Collector for the Jewish Temple who decided that collecting money was a great Scam.'

by all means reject Paul as speaking the truth but don't insult with such nonsense. As with just about all the apostles all they needed to do was deny the resurrection to save their own lives. Instead they chose lives of suffering and death in many cases due to their faith in Jesus Christ.
Your suggestion of Paul who was well off and highly regarded until he met Christ on his way to Damascus is sheer nonsense. People who deny Christ come up with the most pitiful excuses to this day.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 28 June 2018 11:55:53 AM
rather not offend than continue trying to highlight other views exist runner, I however doubt the Christ I once followed would be too pleased to see today's humanity to see some of the views you hold and the pain we inflict on each other in the name of GOD
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 June 2018 12:10:18 PM
'I once followed would be too pleased to see today's humanity to see some of the views you hold and the pain we inflict on each other in the name of GOD'

actually Belly the way people abuse, use, murder unborn in the name of no god is far greater in the Western world than pain caused by religion. Just an inconvenient truth.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 28 June 2018 12:17:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28