The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The value of women

The value of women

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Of course they were both immoral Suse, by the rules of the day. I was merely pointing out that women were not the moral force another poster claimed. Also that it was moral for the man to front up, rather than flee to Darwin, as some did. That, & the hiding out crims is where most of Darwin's population came from way back then.

I'm not sure what I think of today's morals. It does seem to me that those who meet, marry & have kids young, [or vice versa] tend to rub each others sharp corners off, & become a unit, better than those who marry older, with higher expectations, which are harder to fill.

Not sure of that. Some island communities who tend to sleep around a lot, & more or less communally raise the kids appear pretty happy & relaxed.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 12:21:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,
Yeah I lived in the Territory and TPNG in the 60s. As you say there were a few runaways and bolters about the shop.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 12:53:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
appear pretty happy & relaxed.
Hasbeen,
I suppose we'd all appear happy & relaxed if we didn't have to worry about income & responsibilities.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 5:45:30 AM
From a political aspect, I must say in Australia the role of women in some political parties leaves a lot to be desired. The Labor Party is trying to elevate good competent women to positions of equality with power and influence, which is very good and deserving, however they still have a long way to go. The treatment of Julia Gillard by some of her male colleagues demonstrates that. The Liberal Party, not withstanding the fact it is generally devoid of competent women, still clings to the notion that the women's role within the party is being supportive of men. If that means Julie Bishop has to make the afternoon tea during cabinet meeting, so be it, after all there are no other women in the room.
The Greens is the only major party that has total equality within its ranks. That has much to do with the fact the party is full of women of ability and outstanding competence. Males within The Greens have always valued women as equals in every aspect and it is a much better party for that.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 7:48:28 AM
paul/quote..<<..not withstanding..the fact it-is..generally devoid of competent women,..still clings to..the notion..that the women's role within the party..is being supportive of men.>>

interesting point..that links to..the gay-mirage issue
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6073&page=0

see/that
we have confused..the wife..
[married to..her..professions]/much..like a man..
married to..his job..[that relates specifically..to a change of status

[they are dependable..upon[wife]..
or nurturing it to death...like a man..obsessively attentive/.loving wife/hushband..

thing is woman..are..not girls
and neither..are mother..[a realm..of empowerment..
thus earning..the bonding..or marriages/..but as a mirage

creative/mothering..smothering
all..of its own..[bar-god..ie..obsessive
nurturing..of..meeting the desires..of his creations needs]..

so..much-is dependent..upon..the REALITY
as opposed to..our perceptions

explained more fully..at lambs isl thread
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040#175231
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 8:42:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bit extreme, Tony Lavis... ? "If you sold to the highest bidders you could make a killing."

Which it would have to be, by definition.

But I suspect RandomGuy had in mind something more along the lines of Net Annual Value, but perhaps not limited to the twenty year pay back period.

(Hope you enjoyed the Fry and Laurie I linked over on 'bore me to tears'.)
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 9:04:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy