The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The value of women

The value of women

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
OTB and SD I completely agree, I just wanted to point out to Random Guy that I can see where the post is coming from, well some of it anyway.
I am pretty lucky to live in a small country town that nearly all are good honest people, with groups and friends such as your 4X4 club.
Posted by Bec_young mum of 2, Monday, 28 October 2013 11:45:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bec,

Country folk ourselves.

SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Monday, 28 October 2013 11:50:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We all know that what anything is worth, is what someone will pay for it. If we stuck a lot of women on an auction block, many would not bring much, so there's your answer.

Bec_young mum of 2, I don't think I can go along with that either.

In the days before easy abortion, in the country town I lived in, about 50% of weddings were shotgun jobs. To me this indicates that the young ladies were not all that moral. It also indicates a high moral standard among the young men, accepting their responsibilities, & paying for their fun.

I guess it comes down to what you value most
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 28 October 2013 12:05:36 PM
indicates that the young ladies were not all that moral. It also indicates a high moral standard among the young men,
Hasbeen,
Yep, fathersday in our commuities is always one that confuses the show.
Posted by individual, Monday, 28 October 2013 12:24:11 PM
Thanks suse, although I did not feel offended I do appreciate your intention. I think what did worry me is that my purpose in writing could not be completely understood from the way I resorted to write it. I was frustrated in my lack of ability to convey my message in the way I would like. I wish that I could show, tell, invite each of you to experience my message, that way there would be no misunderstanding and you could know what I'm trying to say. Unfortunately I can't do this will have to do.

I'm going to write more but I have to go into work. I think. .. On reflection I would have created this thread more taking about the purpose of morals rather than the woman's role or ability to influence them. ..
Posted by RandomGuy, Monday, 28 October 2013 12:53:18 PM
Hi RandomGuy,

Ok, we got the extracts and read your link, now what? It’s your Church, what do you think?

Before you respond perhaps you might like to make some apologies.

In reading this sermon I could find absolutely no reference to “the value of women”, what a shocker RandomGuy, this was a either a beat up for your title or you totally misunderstood what was being discussed, I suspect the latter.

The sermon is totally focused on the “moral force” of women as it relates to every thing they do in life and all the decisions they have to make.

Now that you have misdirected attention to all the things that were not said, not implied and nothing to do with the sermon, where does that leave you?

It leaves you to a series of apologies. One for implying on OLO that women should have a “value”. As perceive by who?

Next you should apologize to Todd for demonstrating that you neither “read” nor “comprehend”, you just feel and emotively react.

Then you should apologize to your church for being the most needy of its’ congregation, write one thousand times, Mea Culpa.

One thing you have done is reinforce the fact that so many on OLO just pick out an emotive word and chase it off down the road like a hound after a Unicorn.

Paul1405 goes off chasing “equality” and “religion” as it relates to Mormons, Shaggy dog is off and running down the equality/religion trail, even OUG gets started on your false title, “The Value of Women”, shame on you OUG. Although you do get back on track later.

Belly, god bless you. Religion, control, Sex and female subservience. What?

Suseonline, you are the closest to the point.

Women have a moral force which, in the modern world is trivialized. Society throws sexuality, virtue, ideology, trends, physical capabilities, intellect, prejudice, religious and legal restrictions on the rights of women to make decisions about themselves for themselves.

This sermon is about these issues RandomGuy, it is not about the subjective “value” as perceived by you or anyone else.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 28 October 2013 1:08:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy