The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Missing Fathers evade Responsibiliy for their children.

Missing Fathers evade Responsibiliy for their children.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 48
  12. 49
  13. 50
  14. All
benk I think that ChazP has enough history on this topic to take the post at face value. Not a troll, just a strong anti-father bias. Have a browse through ChazP's posting history. http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/user.asp?id=52012&show=history

I don't thinbk it's a simple as women finding men who love them enough to stay around. That assumes that it's mostly men who leave which is yet another bit of spin in the gender wars. The stats I've seen on the topic show the reverse and when we get down to it it's very hard to say the one who leaves is less loyal to the relationship.

Often it takes experience and a few mistakes to learn and when it comes it kids it can be to late. Often it's not until people actually have children that it's possible to tell how they will go with children, kids in short doses are very different to the day to day responsibility. Often children have a big impact on the ability of parents to way parents get to relate which changes the dynamics of a relationship over a sustained period.

I doubt that there are any "great" answers to the issues around seperated families. I've reached the view that the harm done by keeping parents tied together financially when they are apart in other parts of their lives prolongs conflict that nobody needs but dropping CSA would not satify the desire to make parents meet their responsibilities. I prefer shared care but I get that it can be disruptive and that some parents just don't control themselves enough for it to work.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 3 August 2009 11:46:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How does fathers not being named on birth certificates morph into the boring gender debate, again.

As if the mothers are part of any collective action until way to late to direct their lives! Women are still raised on the find true love and all else will follow fairytale.

This sub-plot where the female spawn of feminist, welfare-dependent single mothers are training their children to chose to live in poverty while raising the next generation, forsaking any relationship satisfaction - just a quick, impregnating screw and get money for life. But their boy children miss that exciting opportunity?

Planning for success at family law? you have to be joking!
So wrapped up in the media-money driven 'wedding'industry and making plans for escape at the same time? Wake up!

It's easy for those perfect people to criticise the female (not 'the mother' as described) with more than one sexual partner, but not the men? Taking an opportunity for sex does not correlate to 'making and accepting responsibility for a baby'. Getting pregnant doesn't make you into a good mother, and it sure doesn't say anything about parenting by mothers or fathers, or their rights.

Isn't mostly becaue at the time, the mother (present)and shortly after the birth, decides that's what she needs to put on a certificate? Do you have any idea how hard it is to avoid naming the father and get Centrelink?

Illegitimate pregnancies have been around since the year dot, followed by abortions. Women get pregnant. Men dont. Ever.

Women decide do i kill this child by having it ripped from my body, or do I do the best I can by it, do i know the father well enough to tell, will he help, or did he refuse. Can I even tell him and mess up his life? He didn't want a child, neither did I but am pregnant. What to do? for everyone's sake. Not necessarily for my selfish gain.

Fact is dont have sex unless you take responsibility for what it creates. So, who is responsible?
Posted by Cotter, Monday, 3 August 2009 1:11:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fact is dont have sex unless you take responsibility for what it creates. So, who is responsible?

Yes, they both are responsible.

Fact is though, does the woman have the right to expect the father of this embrio, to be financially responsible for its well being if it is the mother who decides to allow it to become a child.

Now I am not trying to start a debate about abortion, but, is this not a descision that should involve both parties?

Now on the other hand, if the woman was involved in a one night stand, with intent to trap the man, well what then. Perhaps, if the woman is anti abortion, then they should not have sex inless they intend to have a child, in which case, one night stands should be out of the question for her.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 3 August 2009 3:39:40 PM
The statement that a woman can have a one-night stand to 'trap' a man, implies that men should be able to spray sperm around like sprinklers and women then 'trap' it or presumably discard it. If men don't want their sperm 'trapped' they need to look after it. Keep it in a safe place, like their testes or a condom.
Posted by mog, Monday, 3 August 2009 4:03:15 PM
Ok, biology lesson time for the apologists for men who don't accept responsibility for their actions.

Firstly he takes his penis out of his pants, secondly he inserts his penis into a vagina, and lastly he ejaculates inside said vagina.

Therefore - - - - *HE* is to blame for the pregnancy

Just as much as she is.

Not hard to understand folks, except for the dimwitted apologists.
Posted by Master, Monday, 3 August 2009 6:24:15 PM
And if an old bloke my age can understand that basic biology, then surely anyone should be able to. But alas, such is not so!
Posted by Master, Monday, 3 August 2009 6:27:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 48
  12. 49