The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Missing Fathers evade Responsibiliy for their children.

Missing Fathers evade Responsibiliy for their children.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 46
  7. 47
  8. 48
  9. Page 49
  10. 50
  11. All
Piper

I had pretty much given up on this thread, but you had me laughing out loud - again.

<< I haven’t met any women like you describe Retchub but are you saying that if women aren’t the flashy type with the hair do and nails then they’re boring? So you prefer woman like that but then complain they are like that? >>

Champagne observation, Julie - you are indeed a jewel; a diamond. I suspect that these 'men' get the women they deserve.

I am sure that there are women like Retchub has described, but the majority of us are busy working, caring for our children and partners. Also, if you enjoy gardening as much as I, then a manicure makes no sense at all; however a good bit of pruning and weeding tones the body and is free.
Posted by Fractelle, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 9:39:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Piper, you only need to go to middle and upper class suburbia, to
find them in their tens of thousands! I call them females with
the spending gene :) Shopping for shoes, clothes, makes them feel
better. That's why so many people are maxed out on their credit
cards.

* I suspect that these 'men' get the women they deserve.*

One could
say the same thing about you Fraccy, for it was your bad judgement in
the end, that was the reason why you've landed up with the various
partners that you have.

*but the majority of us are busy working, caring for our children and partners.*

Ah so romantic, but its not the reality out there. For half of
marriages end up in the divorce courts. Of the half that remain,
many officially stay together for the sake of the kids or for the
reasons that Rehctub has pointed out.

Now the family law act has been changed once again, so that after
2 years, any bloke with assets is fair game, even the mistress can
claim! Never mind who worked for those assets, the future "wellbeing"
of the other partner is considered. In other words, the family
law court has the right to basically commit daylight robbery
on a bloke's assets, if they wish.

I wonder what input the feminist brigade had in all these legislative
changes? We can't have some bloke scoring a bit of free nookie,
best we get even by law.

That is exactly why my prediction that blokes with assets will get
wise to all this and high class hookers will thrive.

Those blokes with no money, well there ain't much to rob.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 11:26:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby
"even the mistress can claim!"
The truth is that for many men their wifes are not different from mistresses, not very different from official prostutes in a family level.
But if the men block their wifes to improve or use their abilities, if they do not love and respect them, women have no other choice than to separate.
What do you think Yabby if a woman left her carieer, her studies, her goals to support her husband, if she has no other choice than to leave a sick environment and relations, what do you expectf from this woman to live on the streets or suffer for the rest of her life?
When we marry we know what we are doing, we fully undrestand and undertake our responsibilities, we do not play with others life and we pay hard for any suffering of innocent persons, of innocent woman.
Is not the same thing for the rich or successfull women? Is not the same thing for men who married rich women? Why you see only the one side and not the other side?
The law in both sides try to cover the weak, the victim, it is wrong to believe that the law is against the men.
Except if you agree that the men are the bad one and give no other choice to their wifes than to separete, in this case instead to blaim the law or the women try to teach the men the very basics.
HUSBANDS OR WIFES DESERVE LOVE AND RESPECT AND IF WE IGNORE OR HUMILIATE THEM, WE WILL PAY FOR OUR BAD BEHAVIOR.
ANTONIOS SYMEONAKIS
ADELAIDE
Posted by ASymeonakis, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 11:58:53 AM
So apart from PP and Fractelle who are haplessly confusing the issue by claiming middle ground, we seem to be evenly split between bag ladies and gold diggers on this one.

For those girls about to be chucked out onto the street, or those already homeless, nobody can say it quite like Erykah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJiOWShBsvQ

And to be fair, here’s one for the boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU13MRtSD7E
Posted by Seeker, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 12:14:59 PM
Yabby:”Shopping for shoes, clothes, makes them feel better.”

They actually sound bored to me Yabby like shopping as a time filler. Shopping for fun because there is nothing else fun to do. Mind you – I love toy shopping. Happily spend a fortune on them and justify it by telling myself multiple children will make use of them and not just one child that will get tired of them within minutes.

“For half of marriages end up in the divorce courts. Of the half that remain,many officially stay together for the sake of the kids or for the reasons that Rehctub has pointed out.”

I don’t fit in to those groups. Are you sure you’ve met everyone? It is a backward argument really – you’re about to say “oh you’ll be divorced in the end” or “you’re only together to save money or doing it for the kids”. I know not to believe either and there is no evidence to support it but for some reason you’ll be all sure of yourself. This bothers me no end.[smile]

I figure the only honestly committed to marriage people in your book would be a couple of childless bums living in a cardboard box somewhere?

You ever trusted females to like you just for who you are? You’re intelligent, witty, the mile wide chauvinistic streak would be considered a bit of a challenge to most feisty fems. Get out there man.

Fractelle, love gardening, had half an acre of mature garden in Wellington for 7 years and I still think about my plants and trees, wonder how they’re doing. Had a little creek running through and was just lovely. But anyways, moving on… yeah I personally like making my husband happy and hope we are together a long long time – we’ve been hanging out for many years waiting for our own kids to clear the hell out so we can spend our money on ourselves.[grin] My daughter said she is never leaving – we may have to ditch her.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 12:28:24 PM
*you’re about to say “oh you’ll be divorced in the end” or “you’re only together to save money or doing it for the kids*

Piper, nope, not at all! I am simply pointing out the basic
statistics and pointing out that those self righteous, so called experts, like Fraccy and CJ, both themselves have chequered pasts,
when it comes to relationships, so they clearly don't have all the
answers.

I do know quite a few couples who are real soulmates and nothing
would break them up. They want the same things out of life and
their communication and love lives are excellent. My point is,
they are few and far between and certainly not a majority.
Somehow they are on a similar mental frequency. like tuned to the same
radio station lol.

Hey that is great when it happens, but it is indeed rare.

As for me personally, I have more then enough notches on my belt
and nothing more to prove :)

I live in the bush, deeply involved in some really "ahead of their
time" projects, which fascinate me completely. I really don't have
the urge to go visiting the relies etc and all the other things
women want to do.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 2:53:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 46
  7. 47
  8. 48
  9. Page 49
  10. 50
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy