The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Some dog owners...make me...

Some dog owners...make me...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. All
Hmmmm

I guess dogs just don't like Polly...

BTW the head of a wolf pack are both an alpha-male and female, not that I'd expect Polly to know this given that he has little knowledge about living creatures. Dogs behave in the same way.

I suspect that Polly appears to be an 'outcast' to the thinking dog and they respond appropriately.

"The core of a pack is a mated pair of wolves - an adult male and female that have bred and produced young.

The other members of the pack are their offspring: young wolves ranging in age from pups to two and three-year-olds.

Pack sizes vary, most packs have 6 or 7 members, although some may include as many as 15 wolves. The size depends on many variables including the current numbers of the wolf population, the abundance of food, and social factors within the wolf pack.

Within each pack is an elaborate hierarchy. It may consist of a single breeding pair, the Alpha male and female, a lower group consisting of non-breeding adults, each with its own ranking, a group of outcasts, and a group of immature wolves on their way up."

http://www.wolfweb.com/facts-pack.html
Posted by Fractelle, Saturday, 13 September 2008 9:03:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Examinator :) and Bugsy.. not a bad thought there.. But I wonder how may 'layers' of skin it's toothy pegs must break through before it is considered a 'bite' *grin*.

But the problem with the 'snapshot' idea is as follows:

1/ It involves a lot of time.
2/ It would stress out and possibly create financial hardship for the owner
3/ The dog is in the 'PROCESS' of munching me.... The most I could get is a pic of it approaching, and the owner.
4/ Doing that would elevate the whole thing to a 'litigation' level.. who wants that?

Fraccy is as evil and perverse as ever.. making this wild claim that 'dogs don't like you' Noooo Fraccy.. they love me EXcept...this one.
(and the Rotty that tried to clamp its canines on my leg)

The other dogs accompanying these women run up for a greeting and a pat.. "other" labradors are the same.. THIS one is 'most different'.. completely out of character. (Dr Veronika might be able to help it)

Most people are still ignoring the SIGNS. "Dogs must be leashed" u know..RED LIGHT.. "stop or pay the consequences"

If some clown rocks up and starts harassing my child or my wife.. it will be thump bam bang..thankyou maam.. I sure as heck am not going to wait for a photo and a phone call to the local police.
Violence IS... the answer at times.. the POLICE use it.. the Army uses it, I was once employed to KILL people (if needed) for the sake of your freedom to abuse me.....it is the ultimate deterrent.

Wake up all you duffers and armchair philosophers who wallow in the freedom that our parents paid for with their lives and life qualities.
One of my uncles walked across the Italian Alps to escape from those who would oppress YOU.
...and ur worried about a biter dog getting its cumuppance from the bitee? *puzzled look*
Posted by Polycarp, Saturday, 13 September 2008 9:39:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I always get a little chuckle when Boazy shares these sorts of fables with us.

They are usually focussed on women (remember - girl in a video shop, girl who parked her car in front of boazy, now women with dog in a park) or they are about Muslims (harassment on the steps of central station and the Anzac parade/muslim paranoia story).

What purpose do they serve? Some hidden biblical message no doubt?

Boazy sometimes I wish you would debate or offer a 'real' opinion on various issues ie. what do YOU think about an issue rather than attempting to use OLO as a way to fulfill your quota hours of missionary work.
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 13 September 2008 9:53:12 AM
So much for turn the other cheek. What a loony.
Posted by Bugsy, Saturday, 13 September 2008 9:56:12 AM
Polycarp,
Some people just don't stop to think. The dog owner is responsible to keep the dog under control. I am sure you can look after yourself physically but what about older people and others not too good on their feet. This dog is a real threat to their safety as broken hips are quite common in older people. Dogs that jump up on people and grab them like you described are a hazard, even fright can cause some people to loose their footing.

The dog has been spoilt and needs some drastic action to bring him into line. Do complain to council for the sake of others.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 13 September 2008 11:13:01 AM
Banjo,

Yes she broke a by-law but Polycarp’s actions potentially breached the crimes act (police involvement). Not to mention as I suggested some Boaz (sorry bozo) breaking his face.
. Logic/experience dictates if that woman is half as confrontational as him she'll ignore his as an oaf and your pensioner scenario can still happen.

Polycarp

Serves you right for getting up at such an ungodly hour! God is punishing you. :-)
If you don’t learn from this he’ll turn you into a .... a.....gay Muslim.

In reality merely photographing her with you phone would probably be enough to scare her into using a leash. And you should have thought of protecting all those helpless pensioners and fellow .....what is it that you are now? Can’t be Christian ("brother’s keeper?”and all that)
Too busy….? Where's your public spirit/responsibility, your courage of convictions?

Say what you will about my lack of religiosity but At least I’m not a hypocrite.

A little Didactic huh? This is what you do all the time. ;-|>
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 13 September 2008 12:27:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18