The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Some dog owners...make me...

Some dog owners...make me...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Polly, how to tell if a pet is friendly or not.

What some children said about keeping safe with pets:

"Don't run away from dogs or they will chase you."

"Be kind to animals and they will be kind to you."

"Never go near a dog which is growling as it may be scared and it might bite."

"Be careful when you hold a rabbit, their back legs are strong and they have sharp claws."

"Any animal will bite to protect itself."

"Don't go near your pet when it is eating. It might think you're going to take the food away and then it could bite."

"Don't go up to strange animals. You may scare them and they may try to defend themselves."

"Always ask before you pat someone else's pet."

Bites-and-scratches

* Always wash any scratches and bites from animals with soap and water as soon as possible. If the bite or scratch bleeds, that means it is deep and you need to get mum or dad to check it.

* Never go up to a strange animal .You don't know how it will act towards you.

* Never try to play with an animal that is eating or sleeping. Even your own pet that you've had for ages may be startled and bite or scratch.

* Keep an eye on younger brothers or sisters when they are playing with your pet. Young children haven't learned to treat animals with respect and they could be too rough.

How-to-deal-with-animal-bites

* Wash area carefully with water and antiseptic, or soap.

* Use ice to keep the swelling down.

Apply an antiseptic, cover with a clean dressing or plaster, but take the plaster off every day to make sure the bitten place is healing well. Look for signs of an infection, (ie. redness, swelling, pain, tenderness and the infected part often feels hot to touch). If there is infection, you need to see a doctor.

Have mum, dad or a trusted adult check out the bite.

* The person who has been bitten may need to see a doctor.

http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetailsKids.aspx?p=335&np=288&id=1748

>>>>>DIDDUMS<<<<<
Posted by Fractelle, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 7:02:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How on earth did we get from dealing with a difficult dog, and council by-laws to Muslim/terrorist bashing? Polycarp, I suspect you have been sabotaged.

As for Yabby 'sharpening his claws', while he cannot rise above gender-based insults, even where there really isn't a sound opportunity to use them - 'water off the proverbial duck's back'.

Good luck with the newspaper!

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 7:40:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thats ok spelling it out as long as the dog is in it's own confines. Any dog actions outside these confines are at the dog owners risk.
Posted by jason60, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 7:47:31 PM
Bluster, Boaz. Pure bluster. You haven't a leg to stand on, and you know it.

>>I can't be bothered trying to defend myself from your ignorance based attack about associating "all" of 'them' with the verses I cite.<<

Can't be bothered, eh?

Then what's this, in the next sentence?

>>I have maintained a consistent line thoughout of making a separation between the actual teaching of the faith and the behavior of it's adherents.<<

But that is absolute nonsense. You have been associating them at every turn.

Do you remember saying this?

>>We must never EVER forget, that 9:29 of the Quran is a 'command' to 'fight' those who do not believe in Allah.. its not an 'option'... but a command.<<

or this?

>>...scriptures, particlarly those of Islam specifically command them to make WAR against Christians and Jews by name, and infidels in general until they are militarily subjugated.<<

These observations of yours solidly associated a chosen verse with Muslim violence. You then personalise it.

>>I have no desire whatsoerver for people to be welcomed here who have as one of their foundation beliefs a command to fight you and me, and a belief that people who believe as I and other Christians do, are cursed by Allah in this life as well as the next, and should be, to quote Shakirs translation of 9:30 "be destroyed"<<

Does this, or does this not, refer to Muslims?

The fact that you delude yourself otherwise is most instructive.

But I'm still intrigued.

How exactly were you intending to lead us into a whack-a-mozzie rave anyway?
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 7:49:42 PM
*while he cannot rise above gender-based insults*

Wow, this is interesting! A female who seems to be insulted by
the fact that females can be maternal by instinct. Nicky, you
are one mixed up creature lol.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 8:05:06 PM
"..and dear Romany.. not unusually.. said things which have zero to do with the subject.. onya Romany *grin* (kidding ok)"

Oh-hoh-ho DB, you want something which "is"... relevant... to this *LATEST* piece of crapola? *grin*, *smirk, *simper*

How about:... "it" has re-enforced my opinion of what a *jolly laugh* :)posturing old swine you "are"... AND how there is *laugh* *chuckle* *snort* ABSOLUTELY no plumbing the "depths" of YOUR abysmal "ignorance". *wheeze* *gasp* *giggle*.

But hey...its ALL such jolly FUN, isn't it, DEAR DB? And now...:) (rubs her head and pats her tummy in quizzical fashion).. we can ALL...take a *BEX*!! and go and...have a *lie down*!!

Relevant enuf forya?
Posted by Romany, Wednesday, 17 September 2008 2:50:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All