The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Some dog owners...make me...

Some dog owners...make me...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
A few more.

It cost me $400 to join a health club and I did not lose weight. Apparently you have to go there.

My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was sixty. She is now 97 and we don't have a clue where she is.

One advantage of exercise is that you die healthier

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my gut covers them

I like long walks, especially if taken by people I have no time for.

The only reason I would take up exercise is so that I could hear heavy breathing again

Take up cross country skiing, but start with a small country
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 12 September 2008 11:19:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're paranoid Polycarp.

"that kicking a dog which is in the process of biting/mauling me is 'animal cruelty'....utter, absolute, and complete rubbish."

In the process? "biting/mauling?" Come, come. You would be bleeding by now if the dog intended biting you. So where are your wounds?

Let's be frank. The dog was greeting you and he slobbered on you eh?

What an unelightened soul you are, Boazy. You dislike animals.

Even St Mary's Catholic Cathedral in WA has invited one and all, including their animals, for a blessing of pets next Sunday.

Well that's a good PR exercise and I, an atheist, may attend.

I'm prepared to forgive and forget, the heinous indifference that Christians have had towards other species, providing of course they're capable of emerging from the middle ages!
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 13 September 2008 1:15:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You’ve got to love it.

Here’s this twit confessing to kicking the mutt! in writing.

The RSPCA are always looking for ways to highlight Animal cruelty and I reckon this one takes the cake.

Brilliant story. “Bible basher kicks mutt and confesses on OLO.”

Well done David Boaz.

You paint such a good picture of the Church I almost feel sorry for them.

I don’t suppose in that deranged mind of yours it occurred to you to ask the lady to call her lab puppy away from you – 'before' you kicked 'the mutt.'

In the mean time I suggest you walk another time or place or park you big hero.

The reason why the lady said nothing is clear to me. She was probably quite stunned and thought you are a very sick person.

There is a clear link between Animal cruelty and domestic violence

I had a neighbor once (speaking of the Church) who’s son was a Minister.

One day she walked into the Church while he was giving a service and carried to the front his little dog he and his wife had almost starved to death.

She stood up and gave him and his flock the best message they had ever had then turned and walked out.

She took the little dog to the vet and nursed it for months.

At least the lord was served on that day as someone spoke up for his creatures.

I must say more and more churches are inviting the Animals into their Churches.

Its good to see.

Mean time Bozzie perhaps we will meet up in the park one morning.

We might be able to have that litle chat with some Muslim faith citizens.

Enjoy your walks!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 13 September 2008 4:26:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK, I'll bite (heh heh)

Some dog owners ARE irresponsible, BUT...

I used to enjoy a run in the mornings with my German Shepherd; naturally she was on a lead. However, the couple who owned a little fox terrier did not keep their mutt on a lead and for three mornings in a row, this little dog would nip the heels of my dog.

Solution? Easy. One the third morning I advised the owners of the terrier that if their dog was not under restraint the next day, I would let my German Shepherd off the lead. My suggestion worked. We were all happy joggers.

There is no excuse for violence. Clearly Polly doesn't get animals, but this does not excuse his overreaction. His complaint was with the owners of the labrador, not the dog itself. From Polly's description I doubt very much that he was in danger from the dog.

Next time Polly, talk to the owners, amazing how communication works.
Posted by Fractelle, Saturday, 13 September 2008 6:10:46 AM
Wow.. quite amazing eh... some of these posts.

Thanx Banjo and Belly :) good material there.

I had a Pointer a while back.. and I did feel 'paranoid' every time it went up to some stranger to greet them.. "I" knew it would not hurt them..but 'THEY' did not..and the look on their faces told it all.

But my pointer never did to them what this silly labrador did to me.

And the silly posters who think I don't know the difference between 'affectionate mouthing' and 'lazy mauling' need to see Dr Veronika for some therapy.

Has anyone ever heard of 'Dogs are pack animals which have an alpha male which disciplines the underlings in doggy language ..ie. tears them to shreds until the lay cowed whimpering on their backs?

I guess such people who don't know this have never owned a dog then:)

Notice how once an idea gets in some heads..it just stays there?

"It was mouthing you" then..on the basis of that falsehood.. they runnnn with the 'now you silly sausage you' type outbursts.

I suppose Dr Veronika (and her ilk) would require on the spot counselling for any driver who has just passed through a RED LIGHT.. and that they be reminded that "doing so can have serious and injurious consequences"
Sorry Veronika.. no amount of 'your a bad Christian' polemic will disguise the plain stupidity of your approach.
The owner passed the 'red light' hundreds of times.

Even leashed dogs can be a problem. Once as I passed by some people with a LEASHED Rotweiler.. just after I passed and had my back to it, it lurched around and tried to seriously BITE me.. on the back of the leg. I felt it's lips rather than it's teeth.

I was also attacked by another rotweiler which got out of a compound nearby..where I knew there was a 2nd one. On the way to this place I walk..there are 2 rotties which give me the 'brown stare of death' each time I pass by.
Posted by Polycarp, Saturday, 13 September 2008 6:26:19 AM
Polycarp,
Have ever thought of photographing the dog &owner then giving it to the council with a complaint and let them handle it? an $80 fine would train the owner.

Bugsey is absolutely right you should pay attention.

Pehaps I should invite you to my park and watch you kick a neighbour's annoying mut.....After it chewed your leg off... the neighbour would have bashed you. I would then congratulate you for giving the dog negative training making it savage. p.s. It's ok I'm advanced first aid qualified.....

I'm reminded of the Chinese saying "tis better to be silent and thought PERHAPS a fool. Than to speak and remove all doubt.
Or when you're up to your neck in it don't sing about it.
This is a case in point.

May your God help you if she has a big hubby/boyfriend or son.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 13 September 2008 8:48:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All