The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Some dog owners...make me...

Some dog owners...make me...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Here is something about a Labrador, just for you veronika,
www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/17/2164951.htm

here is death, courtesy of a red heeler
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=2&ContentID=97607

here is something about a Staffordshire bull terrier
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/22/2281899.htm

here is a non-passive response to a dog bite
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24075488-5013016,00.html

I always remember the plight of a lady in USA, attacked and killed when she passed the beast in the hall way of her apartment block and the dogs owners lacked the skill to do anything, I think one or both owners may have been jailed for manslaughter

http://www.dogbitevictim.com/index.php?start_from=72&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&

and how about “Dog bites result in approximately 44,000 facial injuries in US hospitals each year.”

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

I could keep going but that will do for now.

I see no reason why a tax payer / member of the public should be restricted or curtailed from the quiet enjoyment of any public facility because of the selfish arrogance and the exaggerated sense of self entitlement of those who call themselves “dog lovers”.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 17 September 2008 8:37:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col, you really are scared of dogs. It's true you come across as a coward in your posts, but I thought that was confined to human interactions.

Anyway, I don't know what you're telling me for. For one, I know dogs occasionally attack and it's tragic when they do, but it was never my argument that no people have ever been attacked by dogs. It is my argument that Polycarp wasn't attacked by a dog, and also that he failed to resolve the situation in a reasonable way. Your stories confirm Poly wasn't attacked — if a Labrador really meant it, it would have broken Poly's skin at the very least.

For two, I honestly couldn't care less what you think about anything. It's mildly satisfying to find that someone who is habitually nasty is scared of dogs, but only for the three seconds I thought about it.

For three, which is related to two, tell someone who cares. Burke's Backyard, for example, are still going around telling people the Staffys and Labradors make ideal family pets — perhaps you should drop them a line.
Posted by Veronika, Wednesday, 17 September 2008 9:35:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Veronika, I am not scared of dogs particularly, although I have never lived with one, thus am not particularly drawn to them and am cautious, particularly around those with big mouths and teeth and of an intemperate disposition.

Your opinion to my character is a matter of excessive yawning

but as a gratuitous and superficial aside, such comments invite observation to your own bigoted, hypocritical and small minded intolerance to anyone who has the temerity to hold a view contrary to your own, than they say about me.

I could express how low I consider what passes, in your case as “character” but OLO have a flaming policy which I would prefer not fall foul of.

“Anyway, I don't know what you're telling me for.”

The reason I address the “Labrador” note to you was solely because you made earlier point of it.

I am sure that would have been patently clear, even to those with most limited of reasoning skills.

“For two, I honestly couldn't care less what you think about anything.”

Oh how well you preempted my sentiment toward you.

“tell someone who cares.”

Now that is called repetition and redundancy. You should look up the definition one day when you can find someone to teach you English.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 17 September 2008 10:51:10 AM
Yabby, not insulted at all. Just offended by the total, stunning irrelevance of it. Are you EVER going to be able to rise above the terminally banal?

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 17 September 2008 8:47:42 PM
David/Polycarp,

Re Dogs (& multiculturalism)

Here’s a little something I came across in a book called : My Year Inside Radical Islam –By Daveed Gartnerstein-Ross (p 171)

“ I had first learned about the problem of dogs in Islam when al-Husein and I visited Turkey together, and he told me about a hadith where the Prophet said angels will refuse to enter a house with a dog in it. I made an effort to study the ahadith* in greater depth since then and I learned that dogs were held in even lower regard than I initially believed. In one hadith, Muhammad said, “Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed.” The Prophet also said that dog owners would lose the reward of their good deeds. And he specifically prohibited commerce in dogs– regarding the price of a dog as illegal, along with the earnings of a prostitute and the charge of a soothsayer”

(* plural form of hadith)
Posted by Horus, Thursday, 18 September 2008 5:42:43 AM
Well..between Romany's COLORful and interesting post... (makes the world go round mate :) and Cols informative 'dog bites man' list of links and Horus little dabble into the Islamic aspect of dogs.. wow..

I'm just amazed at where a simple 'dog bites man/man kicks dog' thread can lead :)

We learn that Romany could easily be a leering Dickensian female Fagin...

Veronika would be the cool calm psychoanalyst looking at her watch while yawning as the poor bugger on the couch pours out his heart :)

And Horus has just joined the staff of 'Despatchers' for Chanel 4 in the UK for 'undercover mosque- the dog story' :)

Let's see how the 'Gregorian Chant' thread goes if approved :)
Posted by Polycarp, Thursday, 18 September 2008 7:03:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy