The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What are People Against Live Exports about?

What are People Against Live Exports about?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
I have not been posting for a while and I am disappointed to see the two discussion threads number 18 and 28 about animal cruelty and animal welfare come to an end.

I am starting this thread as it would be a shame to see the 2 threats being forgotten.
I am also curious to know how many people are really seriously interested and sincere in trying to prevent Australian farm animals from being doomed for Live Exports.
Mind you Australia is the largest Live Animal Exporter in the World.

It is common knowledge that the Live Exports Trade is especially cruel at the end of the animal’s journey, starting from being unloaded, during transport to the abattoir and before its being slaughtered.
Some Middle Eastern Countries have no animal welfare laws or regulations. If they do they are not enforced and the animals are greatly disrespected and mistreated.

I searched the net but I could not find any other Animal Welfare Organisation that provides an alternative solution to Live Exports but one.

People against live Exports in Conjunction with RSPCA Qld are a main stream group of people with farming background and a love of all animals.
They believe that animals are to be killed for human consumption then it should be at least done as quickly and as humane as possible.
The RSPCA has long maintained that livestock should be slaughtered as close as possible to the point of production...

To me personally it makes only sense to keep the animals here and send them overseas as carcasses or as ordered cuts.
There are Middle Eastern countries that are willing to import frozen or chilled carcasses in the absence of live animal imports. So why then sent them alive?

Benny Sampson
Posted by benny_sampson, Friday, 13 October 2006 6:56:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
benny ,why don't you start a campaign to stop the senseless suffering of millions of kangaroos sheep and cattle due to the drought.They are suffering a slow and agonising death much worse than the live sheep trade.

The trouble with most of these animal liberationists is that don't mention their real agenda of stopping the human consumption of all animal products including fish.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 13 October 2006 10:44:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay

Welcome to the thread.

People Against live Exports are not Animal libs
Your not wrong about Animal Liberation People thats for sure. However well meaning the members are they need to ask the hard questions to themselves and of their leaders. Running around telling people not to eat meat drink milk eat eggs to so counter productive to the Animals.
This country no longer is a great place to take the kids for a drive in the country. Behind closed doors in appauling conditions the coperate intensive farming holding millions of suffering animals is growing.

There is no worse or better. Animal cruelty is Cruelty and Live Exports is up there at the top.

Australia is about to go into its biggest dry mate in History.
lots of animals are going to suffer.

People Against live Exports are a group of main stream people standing up to the Animal libs saying stop telling people not to eat meat and start working towards better methods more laws and start looking for alternatives.

Farmers have to be helped to find better outlets and get a fair price.
Most city folk dont understand that this country runs off farmers backs.
You might be interested to look at this site regarding people Against live Exports attitude regarding the question you asked me about.
You will find a bit on roos as well.
http://www.livexports.com/

Animal Libbs are right in their main claim and thats about the cruelty that we allow to take place.

I am talking about the members. They just need some real education
You will find Animal Libs dont work with People Against live exports and our group is the only one that is active in opening more abattoirs in Australia.

So I am saying I hear what you are saying but we are not libbers.
Only because of that one difference. Otherwise we totally support them in hundreds of other ways.
Posted by benny_sampson, Friday, 13 October 2006 11:47:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What are people against live exports about?
Is that a question about people in general or about the organisation Pale?
I am a bit confused.

We were discussing Pale yesterday on another thread and a link was put up to a previous posting from Pale. The opening line of that post is:

"Sorry I missed you. Yes Wendy is PALE in conjuction RSPCA QLD"

So were do you fit into all this benny?
Posted by Pisces, Saturday, 14 October 2006 6:52:43 AM
People Against Live Exports are just that. Any person main stream member of the public that would like to work together to stand up against live animal exports. Any Person at all. It means. People Against live Exports
In case you do not understand I opended this thread to put on the table sensible moves towards finding better methods for animal welfare.
There are a lot of people out there who are taking the big leap into the country. Small farms are still being grabbed and I feel this is a good time to encourage some of those people to perhaps look at the bigger picture.

I like what I have heard about the HKM idea.

Most people have no personal experience in live exports.

Every vet should be free to speak out about the live export of Australian Animals. At the moment thats not the way it is.

That is wrong.

I am one of those people speaking out and looking for alternatives.
This thread is about animal welfare not me madam so please direct your questions only with questions about live exports if you dont mind.
We are certainly not talking about pigs. Its live exports only.
We are not talking about me either. Live Animal Exports.
If you have something to add about live exports please do.
As I told you on the other thread I not not interested in your trying to involve me with your fights.
Posted by benny_sampson, Saturday, 14 October 2006 7:46:04 AM
Well Benny, as this is a discussion forum and not advertising space for yourself or your organisation, I will take the title as a question. "What are people against live exports about?"

Well it has become quickly apparent that anyone on any thread that does not agree with them, and dares speak their own mind, is subject to their attempts of intimidation. So I feel that they are a nasty little group, and what are they about? They are unknowns trying to use this forum to gain notoriety. Well they are succeeding, but let me tell you guys, its not going the way you planned it.
Posted by Pisces, Saturday, 14 October 2006 4:36:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy