The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gaza beach - when politics trumps human rights > Comments

Gaza beach - when politics trumps human rights : Comments

By Gerald Steinberg, published 23/6/2006

NGOs have the power to influence public opinion and their credibility rarely gets questioned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
I am sorry Strewth but I am an not displaying Zionist tactics but thinking for myself. I have tried to avoid emotive language. If you have solid evidence that the Gaza attack was by Israel, fine, produce it and I will listen. You, unlike me seem to have already made up your mind. You are also displaying an extreme predjudice against Israel - I wonder why.

My point, if you can control your angry bias sfficiently to read my letter properly is that there is a doubt on the matter and there does appear to be evidence that the Palestinians have in fact doctored evidence. This should lead logically to some concern about the accuracy of the reports.

The question of Sharia law I admit was a diversion from the main theme but it cannot be dismissed from discussions on the Middle East and I am un ashamedly a passionate supporter of liberal democracy, a form of political organisation that is being embraced not only in the Christian West but in Hindu India and Shinto / Buhdist Japan and now in Muslim Indonesia. Where Sharia law has been practiced in countries such as Afghanistan and Iran the results are hardly promising. And I have reasons to suspect this will be introduced gradually by Hamas.

This is what must frighten Israel.
Posted by logic, Sunday, 25 June 2006 12:31:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If logic is not a Zionist apologist as he maintains, then, despite his living on this planet for xxx years and his ability to read, write, research and (presumably) think for himself, how does one explain his total lack of understanding of the planet's worst colonial running sore and his predilection for Zionist cliches?
Posted by Strewth, Sunday, 25 June 2006 4:01:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Strewth

While I agree with you on the aggressive and unsupportable roles and provocative actions of the Israeli's in suppressing and antagonising the Palestinians I think the probable cause of the deaths on Gaza beach wasn't Israeli military ordinance.

I have a less definite stance on the NGO's. After reading many of the reports available on the websites of Amnesty and Human Rights Watch, I have found while they definitely slant against Western and Israeli actions often their reports do contain very balanced information. Amnesty especially does condemn the unacceptable actions of Governments and movements of all persuasions.

I receive regular information from Amnesty on human rights in China especially in regard to Capital Punishment. I have found them fair and balanced.
Posted by keith, Sunday, 25 June 2006 7:56:44 PM
Logic,
Keep it up, you're doing a great job.
Strewth is slippery character-don't show him any mercy.
LOL - And watch his left hook.
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 25 June 2006 8:41:10 PM
Very sad indeed is the primitivity of such idiots refering palestinians as terrorists yet the biggest and most cruel persons are those with such minds and those of you giving credit to the blood thirsty jews ( there are some jews who are better than others ofcourse) such as the so called professor here who seems to justify the cruelty, barbaric acts of terrorism the Jews are causing on the poor palestinian peasants living in their own motherland. Remember you keep shedding crocodile tears, we know how you influenced even the Boers regime of south Africa who kill millions of south Africans to this day. The millions of people whom you have killed their loved ones. Let me say this, how will you feel if all your family members are killed at one go in Bondi or other beaches as they did to the palestinians? THINK AGAIN YOU IDIOT
Galty
Posted by galty, Sunday, 25 June 2006 10:58:33 PM
Do you understand what sharia or law stands for? Do not confuse people. They're one and the same. Sharia is Law and law is sheria. So what do we call the Zionist's law then?. Lets ask Hitler.
Again, who are semites. GO BACK to History, history, history, history. The answer is; Sons of Abraham; They are Ishmael and Isaac. Ismael's decendants are Arabs and Isaac's decendants are Jews. Then who deserves to be called a semite. Learn history my friend and stop cheating the world. Again donot forget those that God turned into Apes when they defied the laws of sabaath remember! again history tells us better than your fabrications. You will remain apes my dear friends. Again, I love the de vinci stuff Mr professor and his boot leakers!. That is all from me.
Galty

Galty
Posted by galty, Sunday, 25 June 2006 11:11:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All