The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gaza beach - when politics trumps human rights > Comments

Gaza beach - when politics trumps human rights : Comments

By Gerald Steinberg, published 23/6/2006

NGOs have the power to influence public opinion and their credibility rarely gets questioned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All
To Mr Strewth.

Oh, thank you, thank you, for your last post.

I was not born until well after WW2, but if you had claimed that you had “quotes” which clearly displayed that both Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan only wanted peace, and that they were forced to defend themselves against allied aggression, I would definitely give those quotes the hairy eyeball. Even though I only have history books to guide me as to what really happened in 1939. But your problem was that I was around at the time of the 1967 Six Day War, and I know for a fact that your assertion that the Arabs were only defending themselves against Israeli aggression, is dancing with the fairies stuff.

It is so preposterous, that it rates alongside the 60% of Muslims in Pakistan and Jordan who claim that Muslims had nothing at all to do with 9/11.

As to why you should bother “wasting your time with me?” Well, that is a good question. Because if you are going to present fantasy and wishful thinking as fact, then I am just going to sit back here and show everybody what a fool you are. You are not going to impress anybody, or do your cause any good, if you come up with boners like that one. But you sure as hell help my case. Because any young person who knows anything about the 1967 war, and who reads your assertion, must be thinking that if that is the standard of debate from pro terrorist side, then the Israelis must be right after all.

But please, don’t stop! I’ll bet that your next assertion is that the Arabs only want to create a multicultural paradise in the Holy Land, where both Islamic and Jewish law both defined the culture and the laws. And when that happy day happened, both Arab and Jew were going to sit around the campfire singing KUMBAYA and living happily ever after.
Posted by redneck, Friday, 7 July 2006 6:50:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kevin you say "I like Strawn..."
Is that a Freudian slip - short for Straw Man?
Posted by Horus, Friday, 7 July 2006 9:10:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Red, Self-described racist, self-demonstrated ingnoramus, now in denial. I'm afraid your prognosis is not good.
Posted by Strewth, Saturday, 8 July 2006 8:11:33 AM
This is "bovver boots" Horus to "Puss n Boots" Strewth.
As a disinterested observer I need to tell you, your
proboscis is not looking too good either (must be all the head shots Red's been landing!)
Posted by Horus, Saturday, 8 July 2006 8:29:55 AM
Please be fair to Strewth. Argue with his comments or ignore him but stop the insults!

We do not know who he is but he is possibly a Muslim (perhaps a Palestinian) who has suffered. His views which are often extreme, may well be as a result of hurt. His perspective is from his own experience as is mine.

For the record I will state my own background. I am descended from Jews who made their home in this land of ours over 100 years ago. My faith is a sort of agonsticism based on Anglo Jewish liberal teachings. I visited Israel only once for an enjoyable two weeks and ate a lot in Arab restaurants and cafes where I enjoyed the company of those wonderful people.

While in Israel I felt both a stranger and a kinsman, as do other Australians who travel to UK Italy Greece Lebanon etc. My family in Australia have not been subject to anti-semitism but we know that it can exist and hate and fear all racial intolerence. The Cronulla riots were odious to us particularly the pictures of so called Australian patriots who wrapped themselves in flags.

I am extremely fortunate in my background, others are not so well favoured. I do not think that I have abused you Strewth if so it was unintentional and I apologise.
Posted by logic, Saturday, 8 July 2006 2:13:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy