The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Osama bin Laden: He's back ... > Comments

Osama bin Laden: He's back ... : Comments

By Brad Berner, published 31/1/2006

Brad Berner gives an explanation to the meaning of the latest announcement from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Irfan,

Thankyou. You have just proven my point about ordinary, decent Muslims. You have turned aside the questions, and concerned yourself with what I think about Jews. I am confounded by your counter question. I have never mentioned Jews. I don't care one way or the other about them. What has my view (which you will not correct of address in any way) of Islam got to do with Judaism? Are you saying that it is worse than Islam. I am aware that their is no love lost between the two religions, but I wouldn't have thought that you would have involved yourself with that sort of thing.

Don't be put off by the fact that I asked FH to answer some other questions about your faith. Jump right in and tell me what you think. I won't be holding my breath waiting for FH.

The continuing practice of ignoring critics generates more suspicion. You are an Austalian. Been here since you were 3 months old, or somthing like that. You understand as well as anyone the tell-it-as-it-is 'rule'. Straight up. Ridgy-dij. It's a pretty poor state of affairs when Austalians can'thave a go at each and discuss differences which might lead to some understanding.

You might think it's OK to write me and others of and ignore us. And if that's what you want to do, there's nothing more to be said. The problem is we are left with the belief that Islam is so odd, so fragile, so dangerous to scrutinise, and Muslims so touchy about it, that there is truly no way a non-Muslim can have any relationship or useful contact and dialogue with a Muslim.
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 3:25:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What's all this gaff about 'ordinary decent Muslims' having to justify anything that Bin Laden and co does? Bin Laden is a crazy mofo who is interpreting one freaking huge holy book as he likes, in order to do some really evil stuff. How does that make other Muslims responsible for him?

You know for the life of me, I cannot remember a single Christian ever coming up to me and saying, "I would really like to apologize for that pro-lifer who bombed the abortion clinic the other day. As I am a fellow Christian and as he was probably following the Bible, I realize the whole thing is partly my fault". Or, "I am really sorry that the various homophobic Christian churches are contributing to the high rate of suicide amongst gay teenagers, even though I'm not homophobic myself, I guess I'm partly to blame".

All the Christians on this forum, please form an orderly queue to begin the apologising.
Posted by Count0, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 5:03:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Count0,
You are now on my Christmas card list. Amnesty cards of course.
Posted by chainsmoker, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 6:38:36 PM
The question is: Does Fellow_Human and Ifran defend the Islam that Usama Bin Larden practises and espouses. If they do not - then they should not try to defend their views of Islam when others are interpreting the Qur'an and Adiths as Usama Bin Larden believes.

Their posts then become a side line and a detraction from the point of the debate. They might hold the true reformed view of Islam; but that is not what Usama Bin Larden upholds. Or is it the same? To understand Usama Bin Larden we must evaluate just what he believes about the word of Allah as contained in the Qur'an. This will help us establish his influence. It is evident that there more Muslims that believe as Usama than there that follow moderate Islam. These people live in isolation and are brainwashed in Islam and its jihadist teachings.

The same goes for understanding the differences between Orthodox and Liberal Judaism, or Fundamentalist and Orthodox Christians. To understand what they believe as the divine authority is essential to understanding their thought process and motivations. Usama Bin Larden has his pasionate supporters in Australia - they are part of the Islamic brotherhood, they want to impose Qur'anic teachings upon all Australians. So Islam in Australia is not made up of all moderate Muslims.
Posted by Philo, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 6:40:34 PM
Leigh your thoughts are mine, and I think most share them.
I still beleave miss information and just outright lies are used by those who opose those views.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 6:56:26 PM
Fellow_Human,

What are your thoughts on the possibility of bin Laden killing innocent people.

The London bombings of last year were perpetrated by English Muslims.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for us "infidels".

I can promise you now that Australia will never be controlled by an Islamic government. I know that is upsetting but I firmly believe that Australia will eventually wake up to Islam.

Deny that your religion believes that Islam is the only religion and that all others are false. I think that is stated in the first few pages of "The Book".
Posted by FRIEDRICH, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 6:57:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy