The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us > Comments

Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 13/4/2018

This predicament of what is behind ball-tampering runs through us and it springs from the heart.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Meanwhile after 1700 years of power-and-control-seeking institutional christian religiosity this very sobering website gives a comprehensive description of the humanly created mass-psychosis thus produced.

Specifically in the USA the supposedly most "christian" Western country, the President of which was enthusiastically endorsed by all of the usual deeply psychotic "conservative" christian talking heads and apparently voted for by a majority of "conservative" christians.
http://www.worldfuturefund.org/Reports/gatheringstormnew.htm

The site also provides a very sobering assessment of the state of Earthkind altogether.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 13 April 2018 9:31:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jesus, what a load of wank that was.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 13 April 2018 9:47:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no disease in me. I have no interest in silly ball games or sport at all - apart from the fact that the TV is always crap at this time of the year because it is assumed that everyone is watching sport on Channel 7.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 13 April 2018 11:20:47 AM
I think I agree with most of this and nowhere more self evident, in win at all costs politics! XXX With no more glaring example than the vexatious mischievous greens and their, hunt with the hounds, run with the hare, preferencing model! XXX Followed by the hard right, their endless none core promises and vote buying pork barrelling. This replacing winning the hearts and minds with the contest of politically acceptable ideas? XXX Or those of Labor, we know the nation simply can't afford; or even worse, the nation bankrupting generosity the greens will never ever, ever have to actually fund! XXX Or nation splitting, divisive rhetoric and tactics at a time when NATIONAL UNITY has never ever been more important or critical! XXX The way we are now and our politically enunciated policies, or lack thereof, have all but guaranteed a large foreign super power could own us and ours for a few pennies in the right, win at all costs, [even our integrity/national sovereignty,] palms! XXX There are none so blind as those who will not see! XXX Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 13 April 2018 11:52:36 AM
The problem with Christians is that they think they can give their hearts to the Lord and that they are now saved and therefore have some moral authority over others.
But becoming Christian does not automatically grand you wisdom, nor does it grant you morals or principles.
In fact, Christianity becomes a substitute inserted into the void where morals and principles should be.
Somehow you people seem to think you get to heaven because you believe Jesus 'existed' but care not for what 'he taught'.
Do unto others - morals and principles, and you don't need to even be a Christian to learn and have them.
Forgiveness can't be given freely, it must be earned.
Only by understanding how your actions affected another person not just directly but also indirectly as a further result of your actions and genuinely feeling sorry for it in your heart can it be earned.
If that doesn't happen and you prematurely forgave the person and they did it again, then you would be the fool.
You encourage others not to single out the cricketers for their actions, I suspect in the spirit of "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone", but if we don't hold people accountable for their actions isn't that just giving all peoples 'sins' a free pass?
Gods unconditional love has changed a person 'It keeps no record of being wronged'
Do you think God will have no records of your wrongs on Judgement day?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 13 April 2018 1:09:12 PM
Alan B,

Thank you for giving further examples of this malignancy, disease, deceit - which the Bible calls the sin problem - in all of us.

The apostle Paul labelled it personally: "The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin" (Romans 7:14).

I've spoken to many people who deny this sin within that causes the trouble of sinful actions for them. They admit they steal, lie, do the dirty on people, cheat, sleep around - but they don't want to admit this sin runs through their being, especially their mind.

It's a common trick of denial and we all can be guilty of it.
Posted by OzSpen, Friday, 13 April 2018 1:21:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy