The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us > Comments

Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 13/4/2018

This predicament of what is behind ball-tampering runs through us and it springs from the heart.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Meanwhile after 1700 years of power-and-control-seeking institutional christian religiosity this very sobering website gives a comprehensive description of the humanly created mass-psychosis thus produced.

Specifically in the USA the supposedly most "christian" Western country, the President of which was enthusiastically endorsed by all of the usual deeply psychotic "conservative" christian talking heads and apparently voted for by a majority of "conservative" christians.
http://www.worldfuturefund.org/Reports/gatheringstormnew.htm

The site also provides a very sobering assessment of the state of Earthkind altogether.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 13 April 2018 9:31:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jesus, what a load of wank that was.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 13 April 2018 9:47:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no disease in me. I have no interest in silly ball games or sport at all - apart from the fact that the TV is always crap at this time of the year because it is assumed that everyone is watching sport on Channel 7.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 13 April 2018 11:20:47 AM
I think I agree with most of this and nowhere more self evident, in win at all costs politics! XXX With no more glaring example than the vexatious mischievous greens and their, hunt with the hounds, run with the hare, preferencing model! XXX Followed by the hard right, their endless none core promises and vote buying pork barrelling. This replacing winning the hearts and minds with the contest of politically acceptable ideas? XXX Or those of Labor, we know the nation simply can't afford; or even worse, the nation bankrupting generosity the greens will never ever, ever have to actually fund! XXX Or nation splitting, divisive rhetoric and tactics at a time when NATIONAL UNITY has never ever been more important or critical! XXX The way we are now and our politically enunciated policies, or lack thereof, have all but guaranteed a large foreign super power could own us and ours for a few pennies in the right, win at all costs, [even our integrity/national sovereignty,] palms! XXX There are none so blind as those who will not see! XXX Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 13 April 2018 11:52:36 AM
The problem with Christians is that they think they can give their hearts to the Lord and that they are now saved and therefore have some moral authority over others.
But becoming Christian does not automatically grand you wisdom, nor does it grant you morals or principles.
In fact, Christianity becomes a substitute inserted into the void where morals and principles should be.
Somehow you people seem to think you get to heaven because you believe Jesus 'existed' but care not for what 'he taught'.
Do unto others - morals and principles, and you don't need to even be a Christian to learn and have them.
Forgiveness can't be given freely, it must be earned.
Only by understanding how your actions affected another person not just directly but also indirectly as a further result of your actions and genuinely feeling sorry for it in your heart can it be earned.
If that doesn't happen and you prematurely forgave the person and they did it again, then you would be the fool.
You encourage others not to single out the cricketers for their actions, I suspect in the spirit of "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone", but if we don't hold people accountable for their actions isn't that just giving all peoples 'sins' a free pass?
Gods unconditional love has changed a person 'It keeps no record of being wronged'
Do you think God will have no records of your wrongs on Judgement day?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 13 April 2018 1:09:12 PM
Alan B,

Thank you for giving further examples of this malignancy, disease, deceit - which the Bible calls the sin problem - in all of us.

The apostle Paul labelled it personally: "The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin" (Romans 7:14).

I've spoken to many people who deny this sin within that causes the trouble of sinful actions for them. They admit they steal, lie, do the dirty on people, cheat, sleep around - but they don't want to admit this sin runs through their being, especially their mind.

It's a common trick of denial and we all can be guilty of it.
Posted by OzSpen, Friday, 13 April 2018 1:21:51 PM
Our first 5 posters confirms that the author is spot on.
Posted by runner, Friday, 13 April 2018 5:08:32 PM
//'Believe in the Lord Jesus. Then you and everyone living in your house will be saved'.//

Oh, well that's me sorted then. I already share a house with a Christian, so I'll be the 'everyone living in their house' that gets saved through their belief :)

You evangelists should publicise this particular bit of scripture more widely. If people knew that only one Christian per house is required for the salvation of everyone in the house they could take it in turns, with one person in the house being the designated Christian for a fixed period of time and responsible for all the necessary loving Jesus, saying the Rosary, speaking in tongues, being sexually abused by ministers, believing that the Earth is flat, sending money to suspiciously wealthy televangelists, and so forth. If they knew they'd only have to do it for a week or so before it's somebody else's turn, being Christian might not seem like such a pain the fundament.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 14 April 2018 10:08:05 AM
Speak for yourself Spencer. I've never needed to win something enough to be bothered cheating to do so.

I guess the cheat con only assume everyone else is the same as them.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 15 April 2018 1:46:10 PM
Toni,

Your comments about believing in the Lord Jesus and 'everyone living in their house' meaning one Christian per house leads to salvation for everyone in the house.

This is nonsense thinking. It demonstrates that you haven't read Acts 16 and the context of Acts 16:31. So that you may be informed, this is what the text states in context:

"29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’

31 They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.’ 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptised. 34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God – he and his whole household" (Acts 16:29-34).

There is not one word of support for your irrelevant and concocted view of one Christian in your house meaning everyone in the house gets saved.

Who believed in God? Read the text: The jailer and his whole household 'had come to believe in God'. It was not your invented situation of one Christian in your house covering for those who share your house.

You have dumped your antagonism on us and your conclusion is completely wrong.

Next time, how about throwing out your presuppositional bias and read the text in context, instead of making a fool of yourself like this.
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 15 April 2018 9:10:06 PM
Hasbeen,

Have you never ever committed sin of any kind your entire life? Are you goody two-shoes who has been absolutely pure and holy? No lies or lack of loving the Lord God with all of your being??
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 16 April 2018 8:00:00 AM
Your claims that “It is a major problem for the whole human race. Not one person is exempt from the ball-tampering 'virus'” and “The source of all human difficulties is the total inner being of a person, including reasoning and the will. It's a comprehensive internal wickedness (depravity) that is the root problem” are false, they display a great ignorance and a lack of faith in the humanity which (in your eyes) your God created. I might explain this later, but I’m not sure that you would understand. I will say, however, that I have known saintly people of which what you say is totally incorrect. And they were not Christians.
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 16 April 2018 9:41:18 AM
OzSpen,

You don’t get to claim that not loving the god you believe in is wrong or a flaw until you have demonstrated the existence of your god and that not loving him is wrong.

Compulsory love, by the way, is not love. What kind of a sycophant could love someone who expected to be loved, let alone a god who has created a special place for them to be tortured for an eternity just in case His “love” in not returned?
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 16 April 2018 10:13:24 AM
I didn't say that OzSpen, I don't obey the road rules, as I have no respect for the modern revenue raising tripe.

I probably would not hand in a $50 bill I picked up in a super market, but I have never knowingly cheated in any sport. Where is the pleasure in finishing first if you know you were cheating to do so.

I will admit to getting a special pleasure in beating someone who I knew was cheating, which I suppose is just one step from wanting to win at all costs. I also gained great pleasure from earning a contract to drive a Formula 1 Brabham, by proving I was not cheating when winning Formula 2 races in my own car.

I have not ever cheated in a business deal, or lied to get a deal. That is a quick way go be out of business in my book. I have found that having "brownie" points for doing the right thing, pays hansom dividends in the long run.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 April 2018 11:47:26 AM
Faustino,

It's too bad you didn't deal with the content of what I wrote about the evil heart (Jeremiah 17:9), Proverbs 4:23, 'Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it', except for calling it false. You provided no evidence to falsify it.

An assertion is nothing more than your opinion. It needs evidence and I provided it biblically and practically to demonstrate the pervasive depravity that runs through all of us.

Your claim is that my article displayed ignorance and lack of faith in human beings. You miss one important part of God's creation of human beings. They were created 'very good' (Genesis 1:31). The infection of all human beings began when Adam & Eve fell into sin (see Gen 2).

You and I don't see all behaviour of people and we can't see inside their hearts to see what drives the behaviour. I agree that many people can do good things, but the inner being is not driven by goodness but unrighteous rebellion against God.

Truly saintly (godly) people are those whose hearts has been changed from rebellion to fellowship with God through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ (Eph 2:8-9).

I know (now) saintly people but even they admit that they struggle with the sin within. They agree with the apostle Paul: 'For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing' because 'it is sin living in me that does it' (Romans 7:18-19).

God does not lie (Heb 6:18). He tells the truth about the human condition and it is not good. You obviously don't believe that because your understanding of God is not in sync with what the Scriptures reveal of who God is and his revelation of the true nature of all people.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 16 April 2018 12:23:27 PM
Hasbeen,

You are avoiding dealing with the specifics of the questions I asked: "Have you never ever committed sin of any kind your entire life? Are you goody two-shoes who has been absolutely pure and holy? No lies or lack of loving the Lord God with all of your being??"

How did you respond?

You confirmed that you do sin by disobeying the road rules, wouldn't hand in $50 bill if you found it (thus cheating someone), being egotistical about 'not cheating' when wanting to win Formula 1 in your own vehicle.

However, thank you for agreeing that you also are a sinner. If you want to change that sinful drive within you, you need a Saviour, Jesus Christ, who cleanses the inner rebellion and brings new eternal life.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 16 April 2018 12:45:34 PM
Hey Ozspen,
How did you respond to hasbeen's honesty?
You tried to run him down and 'find fault' -saying he was egotistical for NOT cheating when you could've just as easily chosen to acknowledge or commend his good morals and principles.
Why did you do that?
Why did you act with an evil heart instead of choosing to act with kindness in your heart?
Were you not acting self righteous, condescending and - here it comes - egotistical yourself?
Why were you willing to sin to call his sin out?
Why does he have to be accused of being 'egotistical' when this article related to cheating in sport and his comment directly related to a general belief that 'It doesn't count if you cheat'?
Why does it have to be egotistical to simply have morals and principles?
You're acting self righteous when your a sinner too.
- Forgive them Lord they know not what they do -
You choose to nitpick others but you chose not to respond to my earlier comment.
Hasbeen's demonstrated you don't need to be Christian to have morals and principles.
You should learn them.
Here's one - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - in Bible - that's - He who is without sin should cast the first stone - as for choosing to act with with an evil heart - treat others the way you'd like to be treated - in Bible - Do unto others.

And please refrain from choosing to try to argue, turn it around on me or act angry or defensive - because you've just been called out; just in the same way you called out others.

Morals and Principles. Own it.
Take responsibility for your own choices and actions.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 16 April 2018 8:53:52 PM
You have not yet demonstrated that, OzSpen.

<<If you want to change that sinful drive within you, you need a Saviour, Jesus Christ, who cleanses the inner rebellion and brings new eternal life.>>

It is dishonest to state as fact that which is not evidently true.
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 16 April 2018 11:23:14 PM
OzSpen, you may have some god if you wish, but don't try to force one on me, or anyone else.

I recognise no god, or any form of superior being, although I respect your right to believe in any form you chose.

Your concept of sin is totally foreign to me, & that I do not accept. It is telling that many who profess your belief I have found to be quite dishonest in their life & interaction with others, personally & in business.

If you want to preach, I'll send you a soap box.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 April 2018 11:25:58 PM
AJ Philips,

Your words from 16 April amount to a straw man fallacy. None of that emphasis was in in my article or comments.

I never said a word about:
* not loving god is wrong or a flaw;
* I must prove God's existence to demonstrate not loving God is wrong.
* People are compelled to love God.

All of these are inventions by you - a straw man of fallacious reasoning.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 19 April 2018 2:00:05 PM
Hasbeen,

There was not one word in my writing of forcing God on you or anyone else. I presented the biblical evidence of total depravity and provided or pointed to lots of evidence.

To personally 'recognise no god' or superior being, is your privilege in a democratic society where we have freedom of speech.

My concept of sin 'is totally foreign to you'. That's understandable because you don't believe in God and it is the Lord God's assessment of humanity and He provides stacks of evidence in Scripture. The nightly TV news supports God's claims.

When you jumped from rejection of comprehensive depravity of human beings to inconsistent practise of that belief, you were switching horses. Thus, you used a red herring fallacy.

I was not preaching in the article but showing the connection between the breaking of the cricketing laws, code of ethics, and the sin that is in all of us.

Yes, this is a distinctly Christian understanding, but it aligns with Christian truth - conforms with reality.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 19 April 2018 2:14:13 PM
No, OzSpen, they don’t.

<<Your words from 16 April amount to a straw man fallacy.>>

I suggest you look up what a straw man is: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

<<I never said a word about: * not loving god is wrong or a flaw;>>

Yes, you did. It was implied in your post to Hasbeen when you asked:

“No … lack of loving the Lord God with all of your being??” (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=19680#348810)

Which was preceded by:

“Have you never ever committed sin of any kind your entire life?” (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=19680#348810)

The implication, therefore, is that not loving God is a sin (i.e. a wrong or flaw).

<<I never said a word about: * I must prove God's existence to demonstrate not loving God is wrong.>>

I never suggested that you did. That was my claim.

<<I never said a word about: * People are compelled to love God.>>

I never suggested that you did. That was my claim, based on what the Bible teaches.

Now, how about you look up the Irrelevant Conclusion fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrelevant_conclusion
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 19 April 2018 2:28:51 PM
AJ Philips,

Inference + inference + presupposition + presupposition by you does not add up to factual diagnosis against me.

You statement about my alleged false conclusion is arising from your false inferences and presuppositions.
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 22 April 2018 5:43:53 PM
OzSpen,

You’re rather lacking in clarifications department there, for someone who suggests they’ve been misrepresented. Care to elaborate how any of my so-called “inferences” and “presuppositions” were wrong?

Somehow I don't think I should be holding my breath.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 22 April 2018 6:16:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy