The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us > Comments

Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 13/4/2018

This predicament of what is behind ball-tampering runs through us and it springs from the heart.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
OzSpen,

You don’t get to claim that not loving the god you believe in is wrong or a flaw until you have demonstrated the existence of your god and that not loving him is wrong.

Compulsory love, by the way, is not love. What kind of a sycophant could love someone who expected to be loved, let alone a god who has created a special place for them to be tortured for an eternity just in case His “love” in not returned?
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 16 April 2018 10:13:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I didn't say that OzSpen, I don't obey the road rules, as I have no respect for the modern revenue raising tripe.

I probably would not hand in a $50 bill I picked up in a super market, but I have never knowingly cheated in any sport. Where is the pleasure in finishing first if you know you were cheating to do so.

I will admit to getting a special pleasure in beating someone who I knew was cheating, which I suppose is just one step from wanting to win at all costs. I also gained great pleasure from earning a contract to drive a Formula 1 Brabham, by proving I was not cheating when winning Formula 2 races in my own car.

I have not ever cheated in a business deal, or lied to get a deal. That is a quick way go be out of business in my book. I have found that having "brownie" points for doing the right thing, pays hansom dividends in the long run.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 April 2018 11:47:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Faustino,

It's too bad you didn't deal with the content of what I wrote about the evil heart (Jeremiah 17:9), Proverbs 4:23, 'Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it', except for calling it false. You provided no evidence to falsify it.

An assertion is nothing more than your opinion. It needs evidence and I provided it biblically and practically to demonstrate the pervasive depravity that runs through all of us.

Your claim is that my article displayed ignorance and lack of faith in human beings. You miss one important part of God's creation of human beings. They were created 'very good' (Genesis 1:31). The infection of all human beings began when Adam & Eve fell into sin (see Gen 2).

You and I don't see all behaviour of people and we can't see inside their hearts to see what drives the behaviour. I agree that many people can do good things, but the inner being is not driven by goodness but unrighteous rebellion against God.

Truly saintly (godly) people are those whose hearts has been changed from rebellion to fellowship with God through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ (Eph 2:8-9).

I know (now) saintly people but even they admit that they struggle with the sin within. They agree with the apostle Paul: 'For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing' because 'it is sin living in me that does it' (Romans 7:18-19).

God does not lie (Heb 6:18). He tells the truth about the human condition and it is not good. You obviously don't believe that because your understanding of God is not in sync with what the Scriptures reveal of who God is and his revelation of the true nature of all people.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 16 April 2018 12:23:27 PM
Hasbeen,

You are avoiding dealing with the specifics of the questions I asked: "Have you never ever committed sin of any kind your entire life? Are you goody two-shoes who has been absolutely pure and holy? No lies or lack of loving the Lord God with all of your being??"

How did you respond?

You confirmed that you do sin by disobeying the road rules, wouldn't hand in $50 bill if you found it (thus cheating someone), being egotistical about 'not cheating' when wanting to win Formula 1 in your own vehicle.

However, thank you for agreeing that you also are a sinner. If you want to change that sinful drive within you, you need a Saviour, Jesus Christ, who cleanses the inner rebellion and brings new eternal life.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 16 April 2018 12:45:34 PM
Hey Ozspen,
How did you respond to hasbeen's honesty?
You tried to run him down and 'find fault' -saying he was egotistical for NOT cheating when you could've just as easily chosen to acknowledge or commend his good morals and principles.
Why did you do that?
Why did you act with an evil heart instead of choosing to act with kindness in your heart?
Were you not acting self righteous, condescending and - here it comes - egotistical yourself?
Why were you willing to sin to call his sin out?
Why does he have to be accused of being 'egotistical' when this article related to cheating in sport and his comment directly related to a general belief that 'It doesn't count if you cheat'?
Why does it have to be egotistical to simply have morals and principles?
You're acting self righteous when your a sinner too.
- Forgive them Lord they know not what they do -
You choose to nitpick others but you chose not to respond to my earlier comment.
Hasbeen's demonstrated you don't need to be Christian to have morals and principles.
You should learn them.
Here's one - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - in Bible - that's - He who is without sin should cast the first stone - as for choosing to act with with an evil heart - treat others the way you'd like to be treated - in Bible - Do unto others.

And please refrain from choosing to try to argue, turn it around on me or act angry or defensive - because you've just been called out; just in the same way you called out others.

Morals and Principles. Own it.
Take responsibility for your own choices and actions.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 16 April 2018 8:53:52 PM
You have not yet demonstrated that, OzSpen.

<<If you want to change that sinful drive within you, you need a Saviour, Jesus Christ, who cleanses the inner rebellion and brings new eternal life.>>

It is dishonest to state as fact that which is not evidently true.
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 16 April 2018 11:23:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy