The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Auschwitz and the wisdom of crowds > Comments

Auschwitz and the wisdom of crowds : Comments

By Mal Fletcher, published 30/1/2015

Marking the liberation of Auschwitz forces us to remember that the general principles undergirding this forlorn place were supported by popular sentiment among some very learned people.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
"The wisdom of crowds is not always terribly wise."

That's an understatement, the fiction of mass extermination camps is also believed by a great many "learned" people despite all the evidence pointing away from such a conclusion.
Shouldn't information such as the GPCC reports intercepted by Bletchley Park at least raise some doubt in the mind of Holocaust believers?
http://www.whatreallyhappened.info/decrypts/ww2decrypts.html
So when Kurt Gerstein described how 25 million people were killed at Treblinka alone yet the Hofl telegram suggests a death toll of 174,000 in all "special actions" on the Eastern front and the Red Cross tracing service gave an estimate of 274,000 does that not create a problem for believers?
Wouldn't the author be moved to look a bit deeper into his subject before writing an article?
He may say he did his research but is he aware of the way Google prioritises search results relating to the Holocaust, how affirmations are filtered to the top of the list and criticisms to the bottom?
The only reason people believe in a holocaust where millions of people were killed because of their race is because they've never looked at any of the available evidence.
The reason nobody looks at the evidence is because it's never been presented to them, all we see on TV and in the papers on the subject is fiction and unreliable memoirs which have been discredited time and time again.
The standard of "evidence" was always extremely poor and is actually getting worse as time goes on, the latest productions make a mockery even of the orthodox Holocaust narrative:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rbRNSGQUs

You can make assertions about eugenics, claim it's a pseudo science but there's a lot more physical evidence proving the claims of eugencicists than there is for a "Holocaust".
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 30 January 2015 6:48:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay: the 1940's has called; the Nazi's want their spokesperson back.

You are a complete lunatic if you don't believe the holocaust happened and that you can prove that it didn't.

If it is that you're anti-Jew (of which there seems to be more than a few here) and a blinded by your bigotry then trying telling the gypsies or the homosexuals or any of the other minorities that the article mentions that the holocaust didn't happen.

The Holocaust is an historical fact-- one can even personally visit the remains of death camps today to see the evidence with their own eyes. There is more physical evidence that it happened than that Captain Cook landed at Botany Bay.
Again, the Holocaust is an historical fact!
Posted by thinkabit, Friday, 30 January 2015 9:11:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The holocaust is a constant reminder to all of us what can happen if we follow the thoughts and actions of madmen like Hitler and his Nazi followers.

Holocaust deniers are the lowest of the low, and serve no purpose other than to fan the flames of racism and anti-semitism.

We would do well to heed the lessons learnt after one of the worst acts of genocide in human history was committed by the Germans, and not repeat this disgusting part of human history again.
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 30 January 2015 10:22:25 AM
I doubt whether there is any point responding to Jay of Melbourne and the so-called lack of evidence for the Holocaust. Perhaps I should safely leave that to representatives of the German government, which accepts the sane historical view of the millions killed, and to the survivors of the death camps, who can be forgiven for feeling so outraged by the nonsense in this comment that they cannot bear to reply.

However I shall dip my toe in with a small offering. I could personally present to him/her (a) my family tree, with the names of those relatives who died during WW2 and the approximate dates of their deaths in concentration camps, at the hands of the Nazis, and (b) the letter my mother received in 1946 from a former neighbour in Vienna, not Jewish, who described in sad detail the fates of various Jewish neighbours who were rounded up by the Nazis never to be seen again.

Is Jay of Melbourne citing evidence that most of these victims were sent back home? What utter tripe
Posted by Tombee, Friday, 30 January 2015 10:28:33 AM
I have to wonder at what purpose might be served by seeking to prove that the holocaust didn't occur, whatever you might see as the reality of that statement Jay.

It is now several generations ago and it has become a powerful symbol of the danger of absolutism as well as a salutary lesson of the ways in which a human system without negative feedback mechanisms can run out of control to destruction, a lesson that has had to be relearnt several times throughout history.

I realise you're wont to think of yourself as a seeker of truth, but perhaps you need to consider the implications of feedback for your own thinking processes?
Posted by Craig Minns, Friday, 30 January 2015 10:42:09 AM
I am reminded of what General Eisenhower said when confronted by the concentration camps during liberation - “Get it all on record now – get the films – get the witnesses – because somewhere down the track of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened.”

I also remember clearly as a boy the horror of those initial Pathé news reels of the bodies piled high and being moved by a bull- dozer. Something I shall never forget.
Posted by snake, Friday, 30 January 2015 11:24:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy