The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd (not Labor) can win > Comments

Rudd (not Labor) can win : Comments

By Graham Young, published 28/6/2013

The polling shows the Liberals dropping 6 percentage points, Labor up 3 percentage points and the Greens up 4. This puts the parties in a similar position to October 2010.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Meanwhile SportsBet still lists a Labor victory in the coming election at odds of nine to two against. I think I'll believe them, rather than you, Graham. I know that nobody's yet gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the electorate, but you may well be the first. Readers, if you want to take True Believers' money (and why not, they've taken enough of ours), then back Abbott, at 1.18 to one.
Posted by Jon J, Friday, 28 June 2013 7:26:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent piece of analysis, Graham, one endorsed by the Channel 7 poll.

Now that we can sing: 'Ding Dong, the witch is gone,' LABOR is back in the game. And the resignations by the immature and the petulant combined with the lessons learned from Rudd's three years in the wilderness will enable Rudd to build a new party.

Abbot's purchase on the leadership is ever more tenuous and the man he narrowly defeated, Malcolm Turnbull, is waiting in the wings.

We live in interesting times!
Posted by David G, Friday, 28 June 2013 9:59:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...It’s not “Just” Rudd…It’s the new team…very refreshing….This new approach launches Labor back into the contest at the very least!

Jon J:

...If your a betting man, you've heard of a "Mud Runner" Jon..! Rudd is definitely on a wet track on the way to the post...!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 28 June 2013 10:13:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham,

Don't worry, remember that most of the MSM is controlled by Coalition supporters and we have compulsory voting, so the appeal will be to the lowest common denominator, the Liberals can't possibly lose.
Posted by mac, Friday, 28 June 2013 10:14:20 AM
Rudd had better go to an election quickly, as the more people see of him, the more they will realize what a no hoper he really was last time. As for changing his spots, you've got to be kidding.

Perhaps he has finally been refused that senior UN job he has been using us to angle for, & decided this is the best he can hope for.

Still the one thing I see as a bit strange is that his lying, [I will not challenge again for leadership] appears to be accepted, but Gillard's was not. Perhaps he is simply a more accomplished liar.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 28 June 2013 11:09:26 AM
If by Labor, Greens and Coalition voters, Graham means those who voted that way last time, the extraordinarily high disapproval rating for Abbott among Greens and ALP voters suggests he is an extremely hard sell to anyone but existing Coalition supporters.

The real story is not how terrible the ALP is but how the narrative has somehow shifted from how unelectable Abbott is.

If I were the betting type, I would be putting my money on Labor quickly while the odds are so favourable. Down now to 4.5.
Posted by PhilipM, Friday, 28 June 2013 11:38:24 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy