The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd (not Labor) can win > Comments

Rudd (not Labor) can win : Comments

By Graham Young, published 28/6/2013

The polling shows the Liberals dropping 6 percentage points, Labor up 3 percentage points and the Greens up 4. This puts the parties in a similar position to October 2010.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
I suppose we can all get it wrong, but I am dumbfounded why Rudd has any appeal. For me, overrated and great on selling rhetoric.

I prefer Gillard any day, albeit she could not sell the Labor message for a number of reasons.

The fact that many very competent ministers resigned tells the true story.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 28 June 2013 11:41:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Their resignations are a true measure of their immaturity. They were supposed to represent their constituents rather than take sides over leadership and go down with the deeply flawed Gillard ship.

Rudd has changed. They couldn't.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Posted by David G, Friday, 28 June 2013 11:52:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris Lewis,

It's interesting that those "competent" ministers were heading a government that was fast on its way down the political gurgler.

Obviously competence is overrated when vying for electoral success.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 28 June 2013 11:55:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kevin Rudd is a man beloved by his party, by all public servants, by we the pubic, a Statesman, and a man of vision.

Suspicions that he is a "Hatter in Search of a Tea Party" or a "Duracell Bunny on Speed" are without foundation.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 28 June 2013 12:08:57 PM
I don't believe Labour can win?
Too much water under the bridge and too many completely disenchanted former Labour supporters?
Even so, I am looking forward to a genuine contest and a subsequent effective opposition?
And perhaps, a gentler kinder parliament!
LOL, ROF!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 28 June 2013 12:27:14 PM
Come on poirot,

Garrett and Combet and Conroy (and Gillard) are indeed amongst Labor's best. Rudd would have had them, but he could not get them because they indeed know what he is like.

Like I said, we can all get it wrong or right, but my observation of Rudd over a long time is that he a great propagandist who seeks to appeal to all, but does not deliver. I predicted it (Quadrant 2007), and he did not let me down. He is overrated, but a great speaker and great on saying what most like to hear.

Labor needs people like Combet any day when compared to Rudd, albeit he had been brought back because he is popular.

There is no way I am going back to Labor with the likes of Rudd around.

I will leave it to others to get excited.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 28 June 2013 1:00:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy