The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Voice:

The Voice:

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. All
"Good lord, how can intelligent and rational human beings not see the custom-built racism on which the Voice concept rests?" asks political and social commentator and author, Andrew L. Urban. ('A belligerent Voice?' 30/11/22).

Is the Albanese government not being racist by assuming that aboriginal Australians all think alike, vote alike, "solely because of their race"?

Urban correctly describes the attitude behind the Voice as "unmitigated racism".

Urban gives his own prescription to solve the problem, but the 'well meaning fools' won't be interested, and the rest of us know what should be done, and should have been done, long ago.

The Voice will be put up; we don’t know which way it will go; but, if the referendum passes, the problems and belligerence will continue, without anything being achieved. Just like ATSIC, that other you beaut circus established by Labor.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 3 December 2022 9:50:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I seem to have chopped half of the title off. It should read - The Voice "unmitigated racism".
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 December 2022 3:13:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
unmitigated racism?

Yes indeed, a lot of bigotry and racism comes from fear and
lack of understanding.

These people feel - why should our First Nations people get
something - they themselves supposedly don't have?
These people objecting to The Voice just don't understand the
concept of the rights of others, which are still often denied.
Racists have a real fear that what they have, they have
something to lose if this goes through.

Our society as we can see is going to need strong leadership
to address the issues of some people's fears around racial
equality in order to make significant progress.

We have to bear in mind that we are going to come up with
resistance unless we can soothe the fears of people who think
equality for people of colour, our First Nations people
somehow takes something away from them. Of course it doesn't.

In any case we do have strong leadership in our government
as well as many Australians who support the Voice.
The end results will make our country a much better place.
It is long overdue!

To quote a few words from Aboriginal poet - Steven Oliver:
"The Acknowledgement of..."

Understanding means feeling it first.

Not wanting to know how another feels the pain.

I acknowledge the rights still often denied.

Then maybe we'll find that wealth isn't what we need grow.

Colour won't change how our skin feels the rain.

We must acknowledge where we all stand.

Our story is one - it's time we made it one! With
equality for all!
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 4 December 2022 3:59:15 PM
The Voice is simply another means of trying to achieve ‘Sovereignty’, which will allow the traitors in our midst to call in foreign powers to enforce their ideas on the Australian people; they hate democracy.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 4 December 2022 5:00:27 PM
Talk of "aboriginal colonisation" is the go these days, with aboriginal memes being shoved down our throats ad nauseum. Acknowledgement of recognition of traditional "owners" and leaders since the year dot, currently, and forever, is the most nauseating: followed by welcomes to our own country, and a wafting of smoke about the place by heavily made-up types in orange nappies.

The only nation has been the British one, which has provided all that is good for everyone, without any help from the indigenous, whose descendants now seem hell bent on taking it over, with the help of pathetic Left-wing politicians and activists pulling their strings.

The "first nations" bollocks has just seen a $5.5 billion, 600 job gas drilling project near the Tiwi Islands quashed.

Killing coal and gas is killing the economy.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 December 2022 6:12:25 PM
Foxy

You have gone crook in the past when I have commented on other people's post, but not on yours

So, here is my comment on your post: I have never seen so much twaddle, even from you. You don't really need to quote other people's rubbish. Yours is more than sufficient. You are welcome to say whatever you wish, and I am able to say that I think that you are barking mad.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 December 2022 7:18:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy