The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Voice:

The Voice:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All
Paul1405,
The greater number of bureaucrats & bureaudroids are cemented-in Labor supporters & whatever transpires in those departments is their doing !
No Coalition Govt. Minister actually asked any of them to do what they did i.e. not doing their duties ! Many people were let down by them & not by Govt !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 16 December 2022 11:24:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy,

My wife just read your comment to shadowminister, she said why is she being so nice to that guy, just call him for what he is; "A bloody racists bigot!" I tend to agree.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 16 December 2022 11:28:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

If you want to stop looking like an idiot, you should look it up yourself.
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 17 December 2022 2:26:12 AM
Foxy,

That's exactly the problem. I don't trust politicians to do anything that doesn't serve their interests. Abolishing the ABCC benefits only the unions and certainly not the taxpayers.

Raiding the coal and gas companies to give a small short-term price drop in the electricity price has already cost the taxpayer $bns in compensation to the states and will cost $bns in lost tax revenue. There is no economic theory that says this is a good idea and it is done simply to win votes.

Similarly, Juliar's outrageous lie to the voters got her power but doomed Labor to 9 years of opposition.

In short there is no good reason to trust Labor to do the right thing.
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 17 December 2022 4:33:51 AM
Foxy,

To quote PVO (normally leans to labor)

"But good short-term politics isn’t always the same as good politicking into the medium to longer term. Across that sort of time frame, the links between good politics and good policy tend to become sharper, and the energy deal struck is anything but good policy. In fact, it is an out-and-out shocker, one that will do more harm than good in several ways."
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 17 December 2022 5:24:43 AM
Well, I looked it up Mr Legal Eagle, and here's the answer;

"The High Court of Australia and other federal courts do not have any role in changing the Australian Constitution." Your claim that the High Court can reverse the outcome of a referendum is nonsense, only an idiot would believe it.

Now who looks the idiot.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 17 December 2022 5:52:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All