The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Live or let die - Indigenous languages

Live or let die - Indigenous languages

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 16
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. All
Hi Foxy,

I would rather take notice of a 73 year old (today) woman who is in tune with her culture and people, than a gout ridden alcoholic, something in a lucid moment he admitted to on the forum. Unfortunately the bloke also has an unhealthy obsession with perverts and paedophiles, constantly mentioning such deviant behaviour in his postings.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 3:26:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy.
My kids grew up with indigenous friends. These kids stayed over, came away with us, no big deal. They were just kids. We obviously knew their parents. All have made their way as adults as far as I know.
I am no dreamer as I have seen the down side as well as I have worked and lived in locations where there are or have been real social problems which at this time are far from being solved. I have no answers as folk far cleverer than me do not appear to be having a great deal of success.
I did way back have some federal funding to spend on training TPNG indigenous people when I lived there. Interesting time to say the least.
Take it easy. SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 4:35:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SD,

I've met all sorts of people both through work and travel.
I take people as I find them. I've been spat on in a black
neighbourhood in Los Angeles but I've also had help from
a black police officer when I was having car problems there. So
It takes all kinds, I guess. I have been lucky in my life
thus far. I'm still a work in progress and I've still got
much to learn. This forum has taught me a great deal.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 4:57:32 PM
Foxy,
Yes , pretty much the same as you, taking folk as I find them. I would not have survived without the help of folk of far different ethnicity to myself.
Take it easy. SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 5:19:49 PM
twenty years later there’d be a dozen new languages.
is Mise,
What do you expect from our "educated" who have to invent new words for the same old meaning simply to justify their being there ! Saturation educated but still too stupid to see the damage they cause for down the line !
Ever since this parasitic integrity-devoid elite has wormed its way into the political circles the progress of decency has been deliberately reversed by them !
Hard to say why they're doing this, I can only put it down to stupidity & greed !
is it any wonder the good ones are leaving in troves ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 8:55:32 PM
The sooner people recognise and value the fact that these languages are part of the heritage of our country and worth preserving, even pushed to flourish where possible, the better.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 9:27:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...