The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Live or let die - Indigenous languages

Live or let die - Indigenous languages

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Having great time at Waiotemarama, what a great place. Maori culture all aroind us. Rain but all good, seen 1 kiwi in the wild.³
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 October 2022 5:12:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

Glad to hear from you.

It must be wonderful to get away from things for a while
and escape to a different universe. Make the most of your time.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 2 October 2022 9:13:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

The mouth breather that wrote the article said: "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are the proud keepers of arguably the oldest continuous culture on the planet. Our heritage spans many different communities, each with its own unique mixture of cultures, customs and languages."

Any moron can spot the contradiction. Either there is one continuous culture or the many cultures and languages of the 250 odd tribes etc.

One can either study the real history of Australia or the politically sanitised version being spread by woke snowflakes which bear no relation to the truth.
Posted by shadowminister, Sunday, 2 October 2022 2:44:44 PM
Hi Foxy,

Had a great time in NZ, (1300 Km in 2 weeks) from the time in the wilds of 'Opononi' up North, to time spent in the Waikato District around Rotorua, and attending a Maori wedding down there. A catch up with whanau (extended family), to doing some trekking about, and a little drinking in the cosy pub, where several of our fabulous nieces work, that was a time and a half, don't know how many jugs the publican put on for the "family from Australia", too many me thinks. Of course there was the obligatory visits to several urupa's (cemeteries) in the hills to pay respects to whanau passed on, family and ancestors are very important to Maori people including my wife.

Its always an opportunity for me to experience the real culture of Maori people, good and bad, not the sanitised tourist version one gets in places like Roto, the men doing the haka, and the girls dancing with their poi's. One of the positives was to see my 73 year old wife (Nanna) having a korero (talk) in fluent Maori to our 5 year old identical twin girls (moko's), actually our grand nieces girls.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 14 October 2022 10:00:04 AM
Hi Paul,

So good to read something positive for a change on
this forum. I saw a tee-shirt recently that had on it:

"That's what I do
I Read Books
Learn Languages and Cultures
And I Know Things!"
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 October 2022 10:16:32 AM
Following local government elections in Aotearoa, Maori candidates had resounding victories in several locations. Not the least one of our young brigade, Moko Tepania, was elected as the first Maori Mayor of the predominantly Maori district of the Far North Council. At 31 Moko will lead, also for the first time, a predominantly Maori council.

The Village Nazi with his wishful thinking should look no further than across the ditch to see indigenous folk leading the way in self determination and now in the field of community leadership of Maori and Pakeha alike. I would have thought that on his pilgrimage to the site of the mass killings of Brenton Tarrant the lad would have picked up on that shift, seems not.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/moko-tepania-makes-history-as-far-norths-new-mayor/USCE7WXADC5MKQ4MWEJV7L2RAA/
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 21 October 2022 12:03:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy