The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Queen is dead

The Queen is dead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. ...
  14. 43
  15. 44
  16. 45
  17. All
"Having viciously badmouthed the dead Queen" What a load of rubbish, there was no vicious badmouthing what so ever. Mehreen Faruqi quote;

"Condolences to those who knew the Queen."

"I cannot mourn the leader of a racist empire built on stolen lives, land and wealth of colonised peoples."

"We are reminded of the urgency of Treaty with First Nations, justice & reparations for British colonies & becoming a republic."

I totally agree with what was said, others do not.

What Pauline Hanson said;

"Your attitude appalls and disgusts me. When you immigrated to Australia you took every advantage of this country. You took citizenship, bought multiple homes, and a job in a parliament. It’s clear you're not happy, so pack your bags and piss off back to Pakistan."

Talk about badmouthing, prime example from Hanson.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 16 September 2022 2:55:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Predictably the Greens are whining because Parliamentarians of Victoria must swear allegiance to King Charles before Parliament can resume.

Maybe they don’t want to perjure themselves anew.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 16 September 2022 3:00:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy

Your latest poem meets the Royal Standard in flag* and spirit.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Standard_of_the_United_Kingdom

+++++++++++

However might I suggest one improvement which befits our sovereign King and Queen.

Instead of:

"Where he can leave behind all the regalia
And bask in a country that he knows."

how about:

Where Charlie can fling off his regalia
With hot to trot Camilla rooting for Australia.
Posted by Maverick, Friday, 16 September 2022 3:35:45 PM
The younger members of my family, found the death of Elizabeth Windsor somewhat not surprising. The grandson said; "Wasn't she like over 100 years old."...."Nearly, be not quite there, she was 96" I told him. the reply; "Wow! she was old, what did she die of?", he asked, "Old age as far as I know."

Issy, can't help your latent insecurity as an Australian. Like many of your vintage, you are still suffering from the Aussie cultural cringe of the 1950's. you need a Pommy monarch to flagellate yourself before, understandable.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 16 September 2022 3:43:58 PM
Hi Mavers,

Your poety is great
And while I do appreciate
Your very distinct take
I'd prefer to keep my sense of style
And my own words not forsake.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 16 September 2022 4:26:28 PM
All the Green MsP are liars and perjurers, just the same as any republican MP.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 16 September 2022 6:32:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26