The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Logic at last

Logic at last

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Trans gender women have been banned from womens’ swimming sports according to the Washington Post and other news sources.
A win for common sense.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 20 June 2022 2:22:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, FINA has decided that blokes playing dress-up can't compete against sheilas.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 20 June 2022 6:48:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

You beat me to it. I have a bit more detail:

The International Swimming Federation has decided that biological males will no longer be allowed to compete in women's swimming events unless they have finished their gender transformation by the age of 12 years.

Lia Thomas is out.

However, it is said that biological males still have advantages over females regardless of hormone treatment before puberty. So, there might be more to come. (Spectator, 20/6/22)
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 20 June 2022 8:00:10 PM
Logic where there isn't any !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 1:52:16 AM
If you look at swimming as a sport, winning and losing is about milliseconds.
Any minor advantage or deviation completely undermines swimming as a viable competitive sport.
It's good that common sense has prevailed here.
Who cares what the trans people think about it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 5:09:22 AM
Indyvidual

Right. It's not logic, but a mob of people who have been forced to act because of public opinion. Had not public outrage and insistence on what is obviously right and proper been kept up, the people responsible for swimming would have continued slithering along in their fear of a few loud-mouthed lunatics.

Nobody could be more disinterested in sport than I am, but I hope that all sporting bodies act on this stupid, unnatural nonsense.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 9:07:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy